Is my goal viable? Amps, and HUs, and Speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

syntekz
10+ year member

I'm in process of planning out my system, constantly changing, and am about to order my first amp. At the same time I'm going to be dampening my car and while I'm doing that my goal is to run all power wiring / RCA cables for all the amplifiers that I will be using. To make it easier on myself, since I am doing this install over a long period of time, I'd like to be able to lay the wiring for equipment I might not have for a few months down the road so that I don't have to remove all the carpeting and random parts multiple times.

Obviously that will require me to have a solid plan in mind, which I don't when it comes to the amplifiers required to reach my goal.

Goal:

a) To be able to control all speakers from built-in EQ/Crossover on CDA-9833 Cd player. (HU has 3 pre-outs for Front, Rear, and Subwoofer)

b) Have system setup to have seperate controls on my HU for my highs and mids, additional mid-bass, and my actual subwoofer.

Questions:

a) Will my 'goal' require 3 seperates amps without using a seperate Equalizer? Meaning, will I need one amp for highs and mids, one amp for mid-bass, and one amp for my subwoofer?

b) Can I buy a 4 channel amplifier that will currently be used for a 6.5" component set ("highs and mids") and later on add a seperate set of mid-bass woofers running off the two other channels but still be able to adjust the settings on my EQ /Crossove seperately for the two different sets of speakers?

c) What is the best solution to reach my goal?

I think I got my question across, very long. Sorry for that, just a very thorough person. Please give any and all feedback and comments; open up the discussion a bit. I'm sure other's might share some of the same confusion. (HA!)

Thanks,

Gary

Goal:

a) To be able to control all speakers from built-in EQ/Crossover on CDA-9833 Cd player. (HU has 3 pre-outs for Front, Rear, and Subwoofer)

b) Have system setup to have seperate controls on my HU for my highs and mids, additional mid-bass, and my actual subwoofer.

Questions:

a) Will my 'goal' require 3 seperates amps without using a seperate Equalizer? Meaning, will I need one amp for highs and mids, one amp for mid-bass, and one amp for my subwoofer?

b) Can I buy a 4 channel amplifier that will currently be used for a 6.5" component set ("highs and mids") and later on add a seperate set of mid-bass woofers running off the two other channels but still be able to adjust the settings on my EQ /Crossove seperately for the two different sets of speakers?

c) What is the best solution to reach my goal?
Answers:

a) You could use a 4CH amp and a mono or 2CH amp, or maybe even a 5 or 6 CH amp. But I am not sure if you could find one with 6CH inputs. Do you want a seperate EQ???

b)Yes, but it depends if you plan on using the crossover that comes with the seperates. Do you want a single amp for the tweeters and one for the mids?

c)If you can control all six channels of from your HU, then it would be fairly easy. Am I missing something in your questions? It kinda seems like you answered some of your own questions.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.