Is my Car AMP faulty?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hi,

So if any one could help it would be much appreciated...

I have got a Renegade REN-2000.. Old AMP so cannot find much details about it any where and I bought it from a guy who guaranteed it worked but I tried it and I just smelt burning... I opened it up and there where 2 resistors which just pulled of with pliers and the heat was coming from them too.. Checking with a multi meter they seemed okay and I then soldered the same resistors back on.. Good news is.. Now my sub woofer gets power but the volume is very low and if I turn it up higher and higher, the amp just cuts itself out and the protect light comes on.. The sub woofer I am trying to power is a 1000 watt RMS 12 inch sub woofer.

Before I soldered the resistors.. The only thing that happened was the green power light was on with no protect light and the sub woofer would not get any power at all .. So after getting the resistors soldered.. I now have power and sub woofer sound until a certain point of turning the volume higher and then it cuts out again... There is a fan in the AMP which does not seem to turn on even if the AMP is burning hot from its heat sink and there seem to be 4 FETS missing but there is no sign of left over thermal paste for me to say that the previous owner has just removed them? :/ Here are 2 videos of what I have done so far.. Resistors soldered back on and FETS are still missing with the fan not working at all.. Heat is coming from old FETS by the looks of it..

Not sure why it is over heating and barely any sound is coming from the sub woofer? Any ideas please!!! I only bought it for £15 but it seems like a really heavy duty AMP that would power my 1000 watt RMS sub woofer perfectly if it worked //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif Any ideas please.. Lets get the legendary AMP working again! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vkl8p6x029ettjt/Missing%20FETS.mp4?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/limnilp2pfes0k3/Resistors.mp4?dl=0

Please view ^ to get a better idea of what I have done so far.. Have already contacted all local shops for repairs and they are saying it seems to hard for them to repair so does any one know if I can get this to work or is it too much hassle?

Thank you.

So you reckon it is not worth repairing? It seems like 4 FETS are missing and the transistors where loose which I already soldered back on.. Its just not giving enough power the sub woofer and seems to be like it is over heating like crazy without the fan kicking in ... Is it not worth fixing it? Its a 2000watt competition AMP by the looks of it so it would be nice if I was able to fix it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.