is my built in x cover good enough

Participant count
  • Participant list

sam_b03
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I am going to install my old Pioneer Premier DEH-8600mp. It has

50/63/80/100/ 125/160/200Hz, 0/-6/-12dB/Oct for a high pass Xcover built in. I keep reading about passive crossovers not being that great. could I install a set of components with the tweets on the front set and the woofers on the rear set. It is going in a 370Z that will not rear fill.

Right now I am running Infinity Kappas in the doors with stock tweets in the dash. The Xovers for the stock tweets should be inline in the wiring and not in the stock radio, right?

I am going to going to amp everything once I get the funds to get the sub box, and once it warms up to do the wiring.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.