Is my box killing my subs?

is my box theo ne on thje left killing my rockford p1's (10 inch) subs becuase a guy a audio wareohuse said it could posibbly kiling your subs if it aint built ritei s it built rite?
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

is my box theo ne on thje left killing my rockford p1's (10 inch) subs becuase a guy a audio wareohuse said it could posibbly kiling your subs if it aint built ritei s it built rite?
someone please put that in their sig....

Spell Check is a great tool.

Killing your subs as in they not loud enuf or what? Don't really know what you are asking here..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

What is the box? (volumes, port(s), etC)

That hurt my head just to read.

if the box isn't built right, it could possibly hurt the sub. Depends on how far away from Rec. specs you are, power going to the sub, etc etc.

edit: to the 2nd part of the question we need to know the specs of the current box to help determine if you are abusing the subs or not.

If that is the "wicked one" that Decware has plans for sale for your 10's are getting 1cu.ft. per side and then it is a typical folded horn type. NO, as long as your gains are set right your box is not "killing" you subs. If by some chance they do give out...it would be your fault //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

lol, i understood him, //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

well as long as your panels are secure "nothing is flapping, rattling or leaking mayor amounts of air" then you should be alright. i think the only way an "enclosure is going to kill the sub" is if your amp is sending it the RMS power handling of the sub to the sub and the box is soo big that is at free air "infinite baffle" and the sub was not design for it.

if you keep blowing subs it very well could be the box, thats is a insane extremley experimental box, im sure only certain woofers will perform well in it, to me it looks like a bandpass with a loaded horn port, plus it looks like your woofers are in a very small sealed box also that could be affecting it alot, you should try the basic slot ported design then see what you think about those p1's

well the box was deisgned for rockfords and its sealed up pretty good i dont got a amp yet but i was tihnking getting a 4 channel premier amp with 150 watts goign to my subs and 150 goingtoo my front speakers anyone know how i sohuld set my gain for that kinda set up?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.