Is my amp bad

Participant count
  • Participant list

tyronekndrck
10+ year member

My sub randomly starts to hit to its full potentialat any time the amp is turned on with speakers and rca connected. I then put a remote turn on switch on my amp and when I turn the amp on it hits like crazy for no reason. (No cd player nor car on at all just power to the amp. What could cause this. My amp ground is ran to the battery. Also reground my headunit. Why my amp getting a signal somehow with the car off

My sub randomly starts to hit to its full potentialat any time the amp is turned on with speakers and rca connected. I then put a remote turn on switch on my amp and when I turn the amp on it hits like crazy for no reason. (No cd player nor car on at all just power to the amp. What could cause this. My amp ground is ran to the battery. Also reground my headunit. Why my amp getting a signal somehow with the car off
My guess is you are using your factory head-unit using a Line Out Converter with a built in remote out. If so, stop using the LOC remote out and tap into a switched source.

What brand of amp, also is it running off of an aftermarket Head Unit or Factory Radio using Line out converts?
Amp is audiopipe and I didn't put it out because I knew someone would of flamed it as being cheap but any amp I hook up does the same thing

well never mind I hooked the amp back up yesterday and it started smoking like crazy instantly soon as power went through it and no the power and ground wasn't switched. F.U audiopoop. Na It could of been the 1 defective amps out of the bunch but I'm not buying any product from them again

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.