Utter Madness I say!

Participant count
  • Participant list

wizard0ne0

So, I am not new to the car audio world, but have recently started a project that is a bit beyond my current knowledge base. I have wired up 5 channel amps, subwoofers, installed decks, built enclosures, etc. Generally with good success. However my most recent undertaking is a bit on the daunting side. I am creating a Doof Wagon from Mad Max Fury Road. I have about 100 misc speakers that will be installed....yes, 100! or there abouts.... So my basic question is what is the cheapest way to get them all making noise? It is for a 24 hours of LeMons build so fidelity doesn't really matter. Theoretically if even if I get a 4 channel amp each channel would be seeing around 150 ohms each! (most are either 4 or 8 ohm) So my basic question is what is the max impedance that an amp can run at while still providing adequate sound levels? I am assuming that wiring them all in series would fry basically any amp out there with ohm levels approaching 0.... And all this on a shoe string budget....I have total spent around 100$ on everything, including the mdf I am making the enclosures with (will be 3 of them) Right now the only way I think this will work is by getting 12 separate amps wired up together and each running 8 speakers at around a 2-4 ohm load......But I don't really have the money for that.

get a mono or two channel high power output full range amplifier, you'll just have to cut some of the frequencies with a crossover before the amp (most monos have filters made for subs) but it'll get you the most power. you can run series/parallel from there and get everything to a 1 or 2 ohm load with plenty of power

pretty sure the taramps dsp3k has this ability?

This will not happen for under $100.

I have an amp that was designed for stuff like this, but I'd need $1,250 plus shipping for it.

A few 10" PA mids would be louder than a bunch of random speakers

I know that a couple good PA speakers would be louder, but for a Doof Wagon appearance is king. I need the visual of a bajillion speakers and figured I might as well make them play.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

wizard0ne0

wizard0ne0
Denver, CO
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
wizard0ne0