Is my Alpine amp good enough?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Trevaughn

I recently purchased the Alpine MRP-M450 used on Craigslist for $50. Seemed like a good deal, so I jumped on it. I then also bought a Rockford Fosgate P2D2-12 sub on Amazon for $100. I haven't received the sub yet, but should this setup be decently powerful? And will it work well together? My first ever sub setup was a Kicker 250.1 Amp with a Kenwood KFC-W12PS Sub. This setup was not great at all. The amp couldn't power that sub for ****. I just don't want that to happen again. So, will the new amp power the new sub to full extent and will it be very much better than my first setup?

Wont be loud. But that amp should be alright for the p2. The sub is a d2, you'll have to run at 4 ohms because the amp isn't 1 ohm stable so it will be getting about 200 Watts.

Extremely low grade audio gear will only get you so far. Building a custom box for that setup would be a waste of money IMHO. I think you should get a sealed box and run it till your ready for a real entry level setup.

Wont be loud. But that amp should be alright for the p2. The sub is a d2, you'll have to run at 4 ohms because the amp isn't 1 ohm stable so it will be getting about 200 Watts.
Okay, I'm returning the d2 and am going to order the d4 instead.

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

Extremely low grade audio gear will only get you so far. Building a custom box for that setup would be a waste of money IMHO. I think you should get a sealed box and run it till your ready for a real entry level setup.
Unfortunately, I don't have money for anything amazing right now. I plan to hopefully get Type R's in the near future, but these are all I can fund right now. I'm in high school, so I don't have the best income.. lol

Okay, I'm returning the d2 and am going to order the d4 instead. 

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

Unfortunately, I don't have money for anything amazing right now. I plan to hopefully get Type R's in the near future, but these are all I can fund right now. I'm in high school, so I don't have the best income.. lol
It's an expensive hobby. Your next system should evolve past a type r though. Still if you saved up 500 bucks you could get a solid entry level system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.