Is Kicker overrated?

Is Kicker Overrated?

• Yes

Votes: 23 23.5%
  • No

Votes: 75 76.5%

• Total voters
i never used their amps but from what i've heard they do rated power plus probaly some more

i think you can find better speakers for their price tho, their subs should get loud, but lack SQ mostly

Why would you call their systems weak?
It all depends on the install, IMO.
My friend has two shitty E's(that's what he calls them) and has beaten people with L5's and CVX's. Personally I think kicker does make some good **** I just think that people highly overrate them.

The reason I think they are overrated is because people think the square design on the SOLO's makes them better/louder, and Kicker knows that so its almost a gimick. Also the amps do put out a lot of power but its dirty. And, they need to be in a perfect enclosure for them to sound good (sub wise). Also, like any company that goes to a big box...the quality degrades...

The reason your friend beat them with type-e's is because you could throw thos ein any enclosure and they will beat...

The reason I think they are overrated is because people think the square design on the SOLO's makes them better/louder, and Kicker knows that so its almost a gimick. Also the amps do put out a lot of power but its dirty. And, they need to be in a perfect enclosure for them to sound good (sub wise). Also, like any company that goes to a big box...the quality degrades...
The reason your friend beat them with type-e's is because you could throw thos ein any enclosure and they will beat...
Point well taken, Of course my friends box is actually built for two 12's and has 10's in them. He claims thats the only reason why he gets so much power. Personally I think that is the fact that he is overpowering them by a long-shot but oh' well.

My friend has two shitty E's(that's what he calls them) and has beaten people with L5's and CVX's. Personally I think kicker does make some good **** I just think that people higher overrate them.
I agree with you about how people hype up kicker. Around where I live all my buddies and their friends crave over kicker. It's not a bad thing I would say, but I just think everyone hypes them up a lot. They do make good products however.

As far as the Type E's go, it all depends on the install. My friend has a pair of Type E 12"s in 2.5ft^3 net sealed, running off an MRP500. And another has an L7 15" running off a TXA1000d in a circuit city prefab. And my friends E's are "louder" than the L7. Of course it all depended on the car type and whatnot.

all of alpines subs beat hard. From type E to Type X , they all perform extremely well and they are also bulletproof! Alpine makes better subs than kicker for sure!

wow please know what your talking about before you say ****.

all class d amps put out a somewhat distorted signal.

kicker a/b's put out everything but a dirty signal

so because FI's need a box the quality is bad?

Because memphis needs a big box the quality is bad???

are you talking about sound quality? or structural quality?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...