Is it worth running amp to stock front speakers?

because that is what al;l ghetto ppl do. buy a 4ch amp to run subs. do you have a 4 ch running your subs? if it is such a good idea then you should do it also. it is not as efficient of an amp as a class D either and that's just the start of why it is stupid. i wont reply here anymore you help him run his sub off 3 channels and let me know how it works out.
As a matter if fact i do run a 4 channel like that. In my truck i run channels 1&2 on my fronts and 3&4 bridged to a sub. But i guess im ghetto in my 79 pickup with 9" of lift and 35" tires. Whatever. I didnt tell him to run 3 channels on the sub either.

Back to the original question...

you can run 2the channels to your fronts. In my setups it was louder and sounded better, but i used a crossover too. As far as the sub, as its been said you cant bridge two channels on your sub, because your amp isnt stable bridged at 2 ohms. So you a can only put 1 channel on your sub, which will work but is NOT optimal by any means.

My advise to you is maybe sell the four channel to get funds to get a mono.

As a matter if fact i do run a 4 channel like that. In my truck i run channels 1&2 on my fronts and 3&4 bridged to a sub. But i guess im ghetto in my 79 pickup with 9" of lift and 35" tires. Whatever. I didnt tell him to run 3 channels on the sub either.
Back to the original question...

you can run 2the channels to your fronts. In my setups it was louder and sounded better, but i used a crossover too. As far as the sub, as its been said you cant bridge two channels on your sub, because your amp isnt stable bridged at 2 ohms. So you a can only put 1 channel on your sub, which will work but is NOT optimal by any means.

My advise to you is maybe sell the four channel to get funds to get a mono.
yeah man it is a ghetto half install in my opinion. can it be done? sure it can. but you can also have *** with a dog....doesn't mean it is right. both will work. and btw your truck sounds nice. no matter how you cut it we are here to steer people in the right direction. which just because i didn't explain why he shouldn't do it doesn't mean anything. from the start i said don't do it. in the end i was still correct. im sorry it took some of you guys so long to figure it out. don't bother me with this crap. end of the day i was correct. have fun sleeping with your dog or running your sub off your 4ch, whichever you prefer.

It's been said most people use a 5 channel amp, Due to having the 5th channel for the sub output. You can run anything how ever you want to. End of the day it Is yours lol I once bought a cheap little mono amp from Circuit city to torture it to death, I ran 4 mid bass 6.5 at .5 on a 2 ohm rated amp. just to see how it would do. Believe It or not never blew up or smoked lol.

Have you pulled the sub out of the box to see how it is wired. Is it a 2 ohm driver or dual 4. If dual 4 you can wire it up to an 8 ohm load and then use channels 3 and 4 bridged without worrying about throwing the amp into protection/overheating. As long as you set the crossover on the amp right it will be an improvement over what you have now. If it isn't what you like just upgrade from there, no need to buy more equipment if its not needed. I have done plenty of basic installs using a 4 channel for fronts and a sub. It isn't a full out performance upgrade but still going to be an improvement over what you have now. As far as channels 1 and 2 going to the fronts it will most likely be an improvement as far as getting clean power to the speakers you will probably gain some volume but its not going to be much.

Ended up just buying a Alpine M500 for $130 and calling it a day. Should handle the sub just fine, unless you guys think differently. This way I'll be able to breath not having to worry about anything being under-utilized or over-powered. Appreciate all of the massive help here.

thanks a lot!!! im sorry i must have read that wrong or maybe im in the wrong place??? is this not a car audio forum where people come to learn how to do stuff the right way? please feel free to help with this ghetto install. make sure to have him report back on how it goes and if it is what he wanted. good luck big buy also will his 4 ch amp be enough to power that speaker using only one ch? please tell me more about how well this will work out....fill me in on what he should expect and keep it honest
Again, the guy isn't looking for a lot of bass, he's looking for a little more volume from his factory system with a little bit of bass also. I didn't advise him to build the system with the 4 channel amp, he already has it and he wants to use it.

Moreover, you have no idea what would be enough bass for the OP and, connecting the sub to one channel of the amp would in fact create some amount of bass... which could be all he wants.

But honestly, I would think you'd know that 100 watts will move a sub, what with being so old and all. Don't you remember back in the mid 80s when all we had were 100 watt and smaller amps? I sure do... I owned a number of them then.

Again, the guy isn't looking for a lot of bass, he's looking for a little more volume from his factory system with a little bit of bass also. I didn't advise him to build the system with the 4 channel amp, he already has it and he wants to use it.
Moreover, you have no idea what would be enough bass for the OP and, connecting the sub to one channel of the amp would in fact create some amount of bass... which could be all he wants.

But honestly, I would think you'd know that 100 watts will move a sub, what with being so old and all. Don't you remember back in the mid 80s when all we had were 100 watt and smaller amps? I sure do... I owned a number of them then.
I also know amps were made different than the one has. I mean why else are they still running? I also know one ch. On his 4 channel amp would t have moved much and he would have ended up blowing the sub in the long run. He is a newb dont expect him to be able to make it work. Either HE WASNT ABLE TO DO IT JUST LIKE I SAID NOT TO. I WAS RIGHT **** OFF WITH YOUR VENDING *** BOTHERING ME. FACE IT I WAS RIGHT NOT A BIG DEAL. ID HATE TO BE YOUR CUSTOMER AND YOU JUST LEAD ME IN WHATEVER DIRECTION EXCEPT FOR TBE RIGHT ONE. Do yohr part as a supporting member and educate. Leave me the **** alone. I know my **** just like you say you do. Have an awesome night and go get laid

Ended up just buying a Alpine M500 for $130 and calling it a day. Should handle the sub just fine, unless you guys think differently. This way I'll be able to breath not having to worry about anything being under-utilized or over-powered. Appreciate all of the massive help here.
good deal.

I also know amps were made different than the one has. I mean why else are they still running? I also know one ch. On his 4 channel amp would t have moved much and he would have ended up blowing the sub in the long run. He is a newb dont expect him to be able to make it work. Either HE WASNT ABLE TO DO IT JUST LIKE I SAID NOT TO. I WAS RIGHT **** OFF WITH YOUR VENDING *** BOTHERING ME. FACE IT I WAS RIGHT NOT A BIG DEAL. ID HATE TO BE YOUR CUSTOMER AND YOU JUST LEAD ME IN WHATEVER DIRECTION EXCEPT FOR TBE RIGHT ONE. Do yohr part as a supporting member and educate. Leave me the **** alone. I know my **** just like you say you do. Have an awesome night and go get laid
Yelling that you're correct does nothing to shore up your untenable argument. And what does my position as a vendor or your post count matter? An argument is either valid or invalid... without respect to the credentials of the person making it.

Yelling that you're correct does nothing to shore up your untenable argument. And what does my position as a vendor or your post count matter? An argument is either valid or invalid... without respect to the credentials of the person making it.
Ok for the sake of afgument who here was right? Was I right and that he didnt need to be ghetto and to buy mono amp...or were u idiots right? Because it seems like he bought a ******* mono. Im sorry it toom you guys sooooo long to see the ohm difference. I really am sorry it took you too long. In fact now youre just trhing to save ******* face bothering me. Lets just agree that. ...lmao eat a **** dude I was right. Please dont be the first person I block on this site mman. Im sure youre a nice guy but im over this thread. I was correct ever since page 1. Now it is page 3...**** it get him a ****** 4 ch that will worl to do his ghetto install....I mean thank god thkse local sbops put him in the right direction.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.