Is it worth running amp to stock front speakers?

LOL I listen to BPM about 99% of the time. If you are just looking for a little bit more bass, You could just do the sub by it's self or a nice 3 channel amp. Arc audio makes a nice one & very small. 400x1 for the sub.
Ha yeah me too, good stuff on that.

Thing is, I can spend the money, but it's the principle of me just trying to use what I have. I know there's better ways to do it, there always is, but I just want to keep things simple even if I end up not using "all of the channels" //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Considering I'm almost fine with the stock upgraded-factory setup.. my question is if there are any problems hooking up the front two speakers with the extra channels from the amp? If there's not much of a difference OR I would be better suited putting those channels to the sub to properly use it's power, I would rather just leave the extra channels away from the front.

I don't think it's ghetto, but u should get a mono amp.you could buy one for the price they are chargin u install
Thanks, appreciate the suggestion but I'm set on getting it professionally installed with the exact parts I have now.

There is nothing wrong with what you want to do. Amplifying the front speakers will improve sound quality and loudness and if that makes you happy then do it.

If you don't like it, you can always change it later.

If there's not much of a difference OR I would be better suited putting those channels to the sub to properly use it's power
You can't use more than one channel on that amplifier to your 2 Ohm subwoofer. Combining 2 channels means you're limited to 4 ohms. 2 ohms is going to make the amplifier overheat.

I'm curious. Why is it "ghetto" to bridge two channels on a sub, and run the front stage with the other two?
because that is what al;l ghetto ppl do. buy a 4ch amp to run subs. do you have a 4 ch running your subs? if it is such a good idea then you should do it also. it is not as efficient of an amp as a class D either and that's just the start of why it is stupid. i wont reply here anymore you help him run his sub off 3 channels and let me know how it works out.

I don't think it's ghetto, but u should get a mono amp.you could buy one for the price they are chargin u install
that **** is ghetto go sell audio for one day and tell me what ppl come in powering their subs will 4ch's. let me know and ill post it in a thread for you.

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

You can't use more than one channel on that amplifier to your 2 Ohm subwoofer. Combining 2 channels means you're limited to 4 ohms. 2 ohms is going to make the amplifier overheat.
dont even bother man let the newbs help him

Ok, I didn't look at the ohm load of that box you bought. It's 2 ohm. so yeah It will be pointless to run like you want. I thought It was a 4 ohm loaded box. You need a little mono amp bro. Hell check for a JL250/1 that would be perfect even.

because that is what al;l ghetto ppl do. buy a 4ch amp to run subs. do you have a 4 ch running your subs? if it is such a good idea then you should do it also. it is not as efficient of an amp as a class D either and that's just the start of why it is stupid. i wont reply here anymore you help him run his sub off 3 channels and let me know how it works out.
He asked about using the amp on his factory front speakers and how to connect it to the sub. He did not ask if it is what you would do. Moreover, he reiterated that he does not want to purchase more equipment.

And no one is telling him to run three channels to his sub. He has been informed of how the amp has to be connected to the sub and if that suites him, there is nothing whatever wrong with it.

He asked about using the amp on his factory front speakers and how to connect it to the sub. He did not ask if it is what you would do. Moreover, he reiterated that he does not want to purchase more equipment.
And no one is telling him to run three channels to his sub. He has been informed of how the amp has to be connected to the sub and if that suites him, there is nothing whatever wrong with it.
Thanks for being civil.

After discussing with the two shops again, thanks to you guys, they didn't realize the Ohm situation with the sub. So, I'll just grab a mono amp.

Thanks for the help everyone!

thanks a lot!!! im sorry i must have read that wrong or maybe im in the wrong place??? is this not a car audio forum where people come to learn how to do stuff the right way? please feel free to help with this ghetto install. make sure to have him report back on how it goes and if it is what he wanted. good luck big buy also will his 4 ch amp be enough to power that speaker using only one ch? please tell me more about how well this will work out....fill me in on what he should expect and keep it honest

Thanks for being civil.
After discussing with the two shops again, thanks to you guys, they didn't realize the Ohm situation with the sub. So, I'll just grab a mono amp.

Thanks for the help everyone!
glad to see i was right again. good luck my newbish friend. next time listen to someone older look how long they have been around this site. hope to hear about how you like everything //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif !!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.