Is it ok for two wires to come out of the fuse holder?

middlemaniac
10+ year member

Florida
The guy at the shop made one 4 gauge wire going into a fuse holder, and two 8 gauge wires coming out of the fuse holder. He did it in this fuse holder http://scosche.com/products/productID/1763 (is that bad; am I losing power?) The fuse holder is only supposed to have 1 wire come out, but he has two out of the same output. He did this so I didnt need a Distribution block.

PS: I decided to buy a distribution block and do it myself from here. Cand I get rid of the fuse holder and replace it with the distribution block? The distribution block has fuses....

id tell the guy to **** himself and do it right, even though it prolly wont harm nothing its only for 1 wire in and 1 wire out, no matter if its 4 or 8ga

The guy at the shop made one 4 gauge wire going into a fuse holder, and two 8 gauge wires coming out of the fuse holder. He did it in this fuse holder http://scosche.com/products/productID/1763 (is that bad; am I losing power?) The fuse holder is only supposed to have 1 wire come out, but he has two out of the same output. He did this so I didnt need a Distribution block.

PS: I decided to buy a distribution block and do it myself from here. Cand I get rid of the fuse holder and replace it with the distribution block? The distribution block has fuses....
the distribution block is the best way so each item will have its on proper fusing

as long as both 8 gauge wires are securely tightened in the fuse holder output then it is should be fine as long as the fuse in the holder is rated higher than the capacity of the wires.

Yes you can replace it with a fused distro block, will you gain anything but looks? Doubtful.

If you want a 100% accurate answer,you need to give us all the info about your system setup.

so can I get rid of the fuse holder, and replace it with a distribution block????? What size fuse should I put into the distro block? I am going to have a 4 gauge wire in the distro block, and two 8 gauges coming out....the amps already have fuses, but one is 600RMS(1200max) and the other is 140 RMS(400max)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.