is it blowed or is it the dust cap?!?!

jusBloud
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
tre4 N.C.
I have a set of the pioneer ts w305 with the carbon fiber looking dust cap and I'm gettin a sound comming from one that doesn't sound like a coil. is there a second dust cap on these? whats the most poer you can run on these safely?

something you might want to look into BEFORE you buy?
I've had them for a while. i was just beating on them the other day and opened my trunk to get something and could hear a funny sound. i don't think its the coil. I've had a few come apart and thats not the sound. the coil still reads 2.4 i was wondering if it was a second dust cap under the carbon fiber one. the speaker still plays exactly the same minus the sound

No there isn't a second dustcap...

Could be a plethora of things... Tinsel lead slap, coil misaligned, bottoming out, Loose spider, box, something trapped behind the dustcap...

The glue on the dustcap might not be holding up. I had an old armageddon that was like that. They were known for the bad glue though.. I would check the leads and try and push down around the outside of the cap and see if it sounds ok for a few secs..

*as in push down around the outsides and turn it on without holding it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.