is digital designs a build house for db drive???

i believe they stooped to having dd make there subs, but atleast they are made in the good ol usa. the last series was the wd and i know they were bad aurse!

the Db driver has a different cone,the spiders arent anywhere close to the same...just because they have the same basket and direct connect doesnt mean its the same... American bass has the same basket but are made in china

right db drive has better spiders than dd and they stepped up to 8"ers. i have yet to play with one yet. i have built plenty of subs with directwire but no real advantage...

right db drive has better spiders than dd and they stepped up to 8"ers. i have yet to play with one yet. i have built plenty of subs with directwire but no real advantage...
Isn't the main purpose for direct connect leads just convenience? I'd imagine so. I mean, technically it is a more sound connection vs. terminals, but in the end, there shouldn't be a difference if everything is as it should be.

Isn't the main purpose for direct connect leads just convenience? I'd imagine so. I mean, technically it is a more sound connection vs. terminals, but in the end, there shouldn't be a difference if everything is as it should be.
they do it bc most terminals are built out of a garbage metal... with direct connect leads you have a copper to copper connection and you don't gain any extra resistance.. its waaay easier to use terminals than a direct connect lead so convenience isn't the reason

the Db driver has a different cone,the spiders arent anywhere close to the same...just because they have the same basket and direct connect doesnt mean its the same... American bass has the same basket but are made in china
you're also missing the major point i made.. they aren't a china made sub they are handbuilt in the usa.. the motors look very similar as well i didn't say hey is a db drive sub the same as a dd? .. i said are they a build house for db bc they have several similarities..

most tinsel has no copper in it and alot of subs use alum coils. they say it reduces connections, just use better terminals? personally i have no preference except when setting up a box and subs once i have direct leads i keep direct lead subs in that install. due to the application with direct wires i have a terminal in the box custom made to make connections. with push terminals i have wire comming out of the box.

important part is having good connections to the sub...

i called Danny A, when i first saw them and said what are you doing using that ****** basket,lol.

gluing a adapter on a basket to make it work ***** and makes another place for failure and fun to recone. the last basket they used allowed larger than 8" spiders 12" and 15".

would like to see what they can do...

db Drive
seen one of these in person yesterday same basic look as a dd, direct leads, same baskets, and they say they are built by hand in the us ...
They are ASSEMBLED by hand in the USA, not made in USA //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.