is 62 Hz to high for a cars Res Freq. ????

Participant count
  • Participant list
Originally posted by i3abyjay25 ok.. then thats about what my civics Res Freq is.. jus everys usually tunes their box for alot lower.. so i thought a car Freq would prob be lower....
how do you figure out the res. freq. of a car??

adam

Originally posted by bumpin_blazer how do you figure out the res. freq. of a car??

adam
the way i did mine today was i played a bunch of sine waves w/ my volume turn down to about half way...and i have the epic 150 meter in my car... and between 62 to 65 the meter was the loudest...

as he said accuratly

Using a sealed box makes the job much easier if you must tune by ear.

I'll just use the MECP guide def.

A objects have a natural tendency to vibrate at certain frequencies. A crystal wineglass when tapped will vibrate air to produce a tone somewhere between 2khz and 6khz. If you were to play a tone at the same frequency that the glass produces, the glass would begin to vibrate on its own. Thi sis known as sympathetic vibration and is caused by the natural resonance of the object.
To obtain max SPL tuning a box that peaks at a cars RF will allow a sig gain at the meter. As 3abyjay25 pointed out his RF was quite high and thus the box he would make to peak at this freq would be almost unuseable for daily driving.

On to your question...

You use a test CD (laptop if you have one...creating set frequencyies)

Listen at a comfortable volume as you raise the frequency the car will begin to react...when you hit the sweet spot it will basically raise hell. Now imagine a ported box tuned to peak right at that number. It'd be pretty crazy

so then u would tune ur box at a frequency similar to ur reson. freq one, n that would be the loudest it would get?

Originally posted by Matador so then u would tune ur box at a frequency similar to ur reson. freq one, n that would be the loudest it would get?
actually you tune it about 5hz lower and that way your peak freq. that you burp at for comps is your res. freq. yeah i've tested mine doing the sine wave thing and always came around track # somethin. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif kinda ***** i lost the jacket to my Bass test Cd that has specific frequency notes from 18hz to 80hz.

adam

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.