Iraggi alts...

You should be cool. I'm getting a 200 amp alt to push an amp of the same calibur.

I asked Hifonics a similar question yesterday about the same amp. This is what they said, "The amp should be fused at 200 amps but this does not mean its drawing 200 amps."

be aware about buying from irragi alts...

buying one of his alts was LITERALLY the biggest mistake i ever made... i paid a little over $400 for a 240 amp alt for my car, it took way longer than he said for me to get it, and when i did get it, it was DOA. i mailed it back from him and he told me that they actually knew before hand what was wrong with it, and they sent it to me anyways.

i get my replacement alt from him, and after less than 3 months of use, it was dead. he gave me some BS about what was wrong with it, i told him that i wanted my money back, he refused and he told me that he would give me a large case GM alt for my problems. i recieved my alt back(after he had it for 2 months...), and it still does not do what he claims it was going to do. and i never got the GM alt that he promised me.

dominick irraggi is not only a shady person, but he runs an awful business that makes the worst products available. my stock alternator puts out more power than the alternator that he sold me. do a search on here, lots of other people have been ripped off by dominick, a few competitors(one big name that im not going to note in here), and several other customers have been as dissatisfied as me or more so.

my advice, stay away from dom, there are other, better, companies.

I'm getting my alt straight from Infinity for $250 new. I don't think I will get a better price any where else, let alone even be able to find a g35 alt somewhere else. The alt normally sells for $450. It's good to know ppl sometimes.

be aware about buying from irragi alts...
buying one of his alts was LITERALLY the biggest mistake i ever made... i paid a little over $400 for a 240 amp alt for my car, it took way longer than he said for me to get it, and when i did get it, it was DOA. i mailed it back from him and he told me that they actually knew before hand what was wrong with it, and they sent it to me anyways.

i get my replacement alt from him, and after less than 3 months of use, it was dead. he gave me some BS about what was wrong with it, i told him that i wanted my money back, he refused and he told me that he would give me a large case GM alt for my problems. i recieved my alt back(after he had it for 2 months...), and it still does not do what he claims it was going to do. and i never got the GM alt that he promised me.

dominick irraggi is not only a shady person, but he runs an awful business that makes the worst products available. my stock alternator puts out more power than the alternator that he sold me. do a search on here, lots of other people have been ripped off by dominick, a few competitors(one big name that im not going to note in here), and several other customers have been as dissatisfied as me or more so.

my advice, stay away from dom, there are other, better, companies.

Hmm. I'm heard very good stuff about them. I'm going to search and find any past feedback but does anybody else have any experience about them? I was planning on buying one within the next week.

those '200 amp' alts dont even put out 100amps at idle and what i want is no flickering of my lights when i am at a stand still. i will be doing a big 3 in some spare 4 ga and amp power and grounds in 1/0...would a 200a iraggi still be ok?? thx

Hmm. I'm heard very good stuff about them. I'm going to search and find any past feedback but does anybody else have any experience about them? I was planning on buying one within the next week.

Have seen more bad comments than good on every forum that I visit. If what Hoss said is not reason enough for you to look elswhere I don't know what would. I would never spend money with that company.

Have seen more bad comments than good on every forum that I visit. If what Hoss said is not reason enough for you to look elswhere I don't know what would. I would never spend money with that company.
only other company i know of for alternators like these is http://www.hoalternators.com and im not about to drop 400+ dollars on just an alternator, that would be overkill for me IMO...anyone have any other suggestions. i have heard of ppl having it rewound for higher current output. is this method pretty cost effective?

i still think they are the second worst car audio electrical upgrade possible //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

the first worst is adding a cap. but its close and hard to tell which is a bigger waste of money //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

only other company i know of for alternators like these is http://www.hoalternators.com and im not about to drop 400+ dollars on just an alternator, that would be overkill for me IMO...anyone have any other suggestions. i have heard of ppl having it rewound for higher current output. is this method pretty cost effective?
I got the same run around with them. First alt sent didn't fit. Then about a month later I got one that fit, and I'm not impressed with the output.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.