Ipods **** S***T

If the micro drives in those players can't handle a couple of G's of shock from someone jogging, they are complete trash. Don't believe all the solid state ipod nano marketting ******** you hear.
what are you talking about the ipod nano for??????? its not even in the same discussion

also

as i NEVER had a problem with the hard drive while jogging or in the car, this is just what i have read on ipod and iriver forums. they said that they are more easily damaged than a flash player if using it while doing activities, which makes sense since the hard drive is always spinning and SURELY shouldnt be dropped

lol, well i guess i've proved that whole "ipod skip" myth, i've got a pretty decent stereo in my truck, and where my ipod sits, there's a couple of songs where its litterally jumped out of the cupholder, hung from the wire, and was still playing and didn't miss a beat....so yea, i'm very impressed with mine.
any mp3 player shouldnt skip like a cd player would, then again, the crap Apple puts out wouldnt surprise me:)

95prober, your one sad sad person, i think you should put down the keyboard and walk away on this one, because i've never seen someone "reapeat" themselves, and post wrong information, as much as you have. I'm sorry, but your just not worth the time of posting anymore to keep pushing a dead issue.
HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

you have no argument and have no comeback against my truths and proven facts so i guess this is your way of giving up no problem, i understand. if i had an INFERIOR ipod id do the same. bottom line:

mine was WAY cheaper than yours, 10 more gigs, TONS of accessories that would have put your player costing over $100 EASILY and since your ipod isnt the "crappy ipod video"

bottom line H340 OWNS the ipod!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

how could it skip theres nothing to skip. i actually posted to know what s***t is cuz i know of no words that would be censored so i may learn something new. unless you wrote that and added an extra * then nm

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
you have no argument and have no comeback against my truths and proven facts so i guess this is your way of giving up no problem, i understand. if i had an INFERIOR ipod id do the same. bottom line:

mine was WAY cheaper than yours, 10 more gigs, TONS of accessories that would have put your player costing over $100 EASILY and since your ipod isnt the "crappy ipod video"

bottom line H340 OWNS the ipod!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
that was your cue to shut up already :uh: bringing up a issue that was over a month dead anyhow :rofl:

what are you talking about the ipod nano for??????? its not even in the same discussion
also

as i NEVER had a problem with the hard drive while jogging or in the car, this is just what i have read on ipod and iriver forums. they said that they are more easily damaged than a flash player if using it while doing activities, which makes sense since the hard drive is always spinning and SURELY shouldnt be dropped

I'm quite confused by this post. You and I were just discussing jogging and whether or not players with mini drives were OK to have on your person when jogging - literally 10 posts ago. The iPod nano doesn't have a hardrive, it's a flash player...thus our conversation is directly related to the ipod nano, as it is a player with flash memory where the other players we are discussing are hardrive based. You just tried to make a point 10 posts ago that drive based players shouldn't be used when jogging and were better suited for use in a car (LOL) - Do you have any idea what we're discussing? Your second paragraph makes me think you do, but your first paragraph shows that you certainly do not. Perhaps you're copying/pasting from other places without truly understanding it. Stop it. It makes you look ignorant.

I'm quite confused by this post. You and I were just discussing jogging and whether or not players with mini drives were OK to have on your person when jogging - literally 10 posts ago. The iPod nano doesn't have a hardrive, it's a flash player...thus our conversation is directly related to the ipod nano, as it is a player with flash memory where the other players we are discussing are hardrive based. You just tried to make a point 10 posts ago that drive based players shouldn't be used when jogging and were better suited for use in a car (LOL) - Do you have any idea what we're discussing? Your second paragraph makes me think you do, but your first paragraph shows that you certainly do not. Perhaps you're copying/pasting from other places without truly understanding it. Stop it. It makes you look ignorant.
ummmmmmmm.....dude, im not copy and pasting anything! you were the guy who suddenly brought Nano's into the debate. i neither was talking or even care about nano's i was debating with another member between the hard drive models of Iriver and Ipod. i wasnt even concerend or was even talking about jogging with a nano, wtf?? sure i kjnow its a flash player and can be used 24hours a day with running or jogging. but thats not the case with th eipod or iriver hard drive models.

LOL, SURE hard drive players are safer to use in cars than jogging daily. last time i checked, youre not gonna drop a hard drive on the pavement sitting in your front seat:laugh: also, the constant movement of exercise daily or say 4 times a week, is WAY more abusive than someone turning up the bass for a brief time in a car. you actually listen to your stereo cranked daily so your player is popping up and down in the cup holder or wherever you place it???? think not!

and before you start calling people ignorant, how about yourself? you have no idea what players i have or had used in the past. i surely am as much, actually more, qualified to base my opinions on these players than you since i actually owned an ipod 60gb video, and i currently have an iriver H140 and an H340.

how about getting yourself in check?

ummmmmmmm.....dude, im not copy and pasting anything! you were the guy who suddenly brought Nano's into the debate. i neither was talking or even care about nano's i was debating with another member between the hard drive models of Iriver and Ipod. i wasnt even concerend or was even talking about jogging with a nano, wtf?? sure i kjnow its a flash player and can be used 24hours a day with running or jogging. but thats not the case with th eipod or iriver hard drive models.
OK. Now read your own post after reading this paragraph:

acyually the ipod 30, 60GB or H340 funny enough isnt great for joggers since they are hard drives inside and you arent suppossed to be constantly moving with one in your hand or on your arm. to be honest, they are almost BETTER suited for a car
Isn't that a bit contradictary there? You were indeed talking about jogging and tried to make a case that hardrive players are not designed to handle the "rigors" of jogging. That's ********. My point was that the concept that a small hardrive based mp3 player can't handle a few g's of shock (like when someone's jogging with it on their person) is entirely pushed by the flash player market trying to make their players look attractive - thus the mention of the ipod nano, which is the most popular flash based mp3 player around, and the pioneer for ignorant statements like 'you can jog with this but not with the normal ipod' which are totally untrue. Do you understand now?

And you deny copy/pasting crap you've read elsewhere without understanding things, but then you make posts like this:

LOL, SURE hard drive players are safer to use in cars than jogging daily. last time i checked, youre not gonna drop a hard drive on the pavement sitting in your front seat:laugh: also, the constant movement of exercise daily or say 4 times a week, is WAY more abusive than someone turning up the bass for a brief time in a car. you actually listen to your stereo cranked daily so your player is popping up and down in the cup holder or wherever you place it???? think not!
Harddrive players don't keep their drives spinning constantly. Even CD players don't keep their CD's spinning constanty these days; they buffer to memory and spin the disc down. I'd bet good money if you took an ipod and dropped it from shoulder height 3 times, even while playing a track, the harddrive would be totally undamaged. Why? Because unless the player is actively reading a track, it spins the drive down and parks the heads. At that point it's good for over 350g's of shock without any damage; you'd have to chuck it at something with some force to damage it, and it probably wouldn't be the drive that was the source of failure for the player even then. You might get unlucky and catch the player reading the next track right as you drop it, but even then, you may be fairly surprised at the amount of force it takes the skip the drive head off of the disk, especially in these mini drives which are designed around mobile (and thus abusive) environments. Yes, i do listen to my stereo daily, loud enough to make **** in my car vibrate and buzz and 'hop around' slightly...quarters slide off my roof at normal listening volume. I expect most people on this forum listen to their stereos at volumes that produce fairly extensive vibrations on a daily basis. I'd also be more worried about standing up from the car with the drive-based player on my lap and having it fall on pavement outside the car than i would be worried about dropping it or having it fall out of my pocket while jogging. In any case, neither excessive bass vibrations nor jogging is going to destroy a micro-drive powered mp3 player; sorry to burst your bubble.

and before you start calling people ignorant, how about yourself? you have no idea what players i have or had used in the past. i surely am as much, actually more, qualified to base my opinions on these players than you since i actually owned an ipod 60gb video, and i currently have an iriver H140 and an H340.
how about getting yourself in check?
I'm afraid you misread my message. I didn't call you ignorant, i warned you that you sounded ignorant. There is a big difference. Also, you may want to consider your statement carefully - how do you know what players i do or do not have experience with, and how are you 'sure' you're 'more qualified' to based your opinions on the players? That's quite an arrogant assumption, wouldn't you say? And you're telling me to get myself in check? Perhaps you should re-read your own posts in this thread and ask yourself who is out of line with random inflammatory statements.

Anyway, you missed the point of my original post and are fixating on 'joggers' and players. If you'll recall my original post, my reasons for finding these little players are not designed around a car stereo were not that of vibrations or damage to the players, but instead:

1. lack of a remote; when was the last time you bought a deck without a remote? Why should an mp3 player for your car be different?

2. Lack of quality sound output; why spend hundreds (thousands in my case) of dollars on high quality speakers, amplifiers and a headunit, then pass it a low quality signal from a stereo miniplug on a portable player?

3. Lack of support for open formats such as ogg and flac. You should have jumped on this one, since your H340 does support ogg, but apparently you were too busy trying to attack my post for other random ass reasons (joggers?! why the hell did you pick to argue about joggers?) to realise that your player actually does outdo the ipod in this regard. Still, no flac support makes it less than an ideal purchase for me. Lack of upgradeable storage also makes it a poor choice for a car player; 40gb, 60gb is fine for a portable player full of low quality mp3s that you dock with your PC all the time and can transfer onto/off of regularly...in a car there are certain benefits to having all of your music, all of the time, without having to upload/download from the player often. Think 200gb+, and even then it's not really enough if you've got a decent collection of music.

that was your cue to shut up already :uh: bringing up a issue that was over a month dead anyhow :rofl:
uhmmmm...i dont gotta give cues to brainless dummies like yourself. my posts already made you shut up coz you know you have no argument.

[quote name='headless;2137690

Isn't that a bit contradictary there? You were indeed talking about jogging and tried to make a case that hardrive players are not designed to handle the "rigors" of jogging. That's ********.

no its NOT ********. yuo were the one to suddenly bring nano into the argument' date=' WTF?? like i said fo rthe SECOND time, i could care less about the nano!!! i was comparing between ipod and iriver hard drives. what part of that cant you understand?? the nano is a piece of crap anyway!!

fact is, NO hard drive player can take the daily abuse of exercise, coz down the road it wont last, ESPECIALLY a fragile ipod.[/b']

Harddrive players don't keep their drives spinning constantly. Even CD players don't keep their CD's spinning constanty these days; they buffer to memory and spin the disc down. I'd bet good money if you took an ipod and dropped it from shoulder height 3 times, even while playing a track, the harddrive would be totally undamaged. Why? Because unless the player is actively reading a track, it spins the drive down and parks the heads. At that point it's good for over 350g's of shock without any damage; you'd have to chuck it at something with some force to damage it, and it probably wouldn't be the drive that was the source of failure for the player even then. You might get unlucky and catch the player reading the next track right as you drop it, but even then, you may be fairly surprised at the amount of force it takes the skip the drive head off of the disk, especially in these mini drives which are designed around mobile (and thus abusive) environments. Yes, i do listen to my stereo daily, loud enough to make **** in my car vibrate and buzz and 'hop around' slightly...quarters slide off my roof at normal listening volume. I expect most people on this forum listen to their stereos at volumes that produce fairly extensive vibrations on a daily basis. I'd also be more worried about standing up from the car with the drive-based player on my lap and having it fall on pavement outside the car than i would be worried about dropping it or having it fall out of my pocket while jogging. In any case, neither excessive bass vibrations nor jogging is going to destroy a micro-drive powered mp3 player; sorry to burst your bubble.

how about YOU test that out for us if youre so confident. ill sit back and laugh as your whole ipod starts falling apart. hard drive may be ok for a few drops, but the rest of the player wont look too hot:laugh:

how do you know what players i do or do not have experience with, and how are you 'sure' you're 'more qualified' to based your opinions on the players? That's quite an arrogant assumption, wouldn't you say?

no its not ignorant, icoz i know for a fact you dont have an H340 and an ipod 60GB to compare side by side as i do. so i guess im right again:)

Anyway, you missed the point of my original post and are fixating on 'joggers' and players. If you'll recall my original post, my reasons for finding these little players are not designed around a car stereo were not that of vibrations or damage to the players, but instead:

1. lack of a remote; when was the last time you bought a deck without a remote? Why should an mp3 player for your car be different?

youre actually asking ME why i pick on joggers??? how about you and never shutting up about a remote for the car??? i was arguing that the ipod has no remote for daily usage, NOT IN THE CAR. i dont know why youre fixated on your words about a remote for the car??? i wasnt even talking about that. your head must be in another universe. irivers come with the remote for daily outside of car use, and th eipod doesnt, simple as that!

2. Lack of quality sound output; why spend hundreds (thousands in my case) of dollars on high quality speakers, amplifiers and a headunit, then pass it a low quality signal from a stereo miniplug on a portable player?

that was a dumb statement! unlike the ipod, iriver has true LINE-IN / LINE-OUT features. so lets hear your suggestion how youre supposed to get a more clearer signal. you cant! thats the best way!

i supposse you have the cassette adapter connected to your portable cd player do you?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

3. . Still, no flac support makes it less than an ideal purchase for me.

why do i need FLAC? LOL

Lack of upgradeable storage also makes it a poor choice for a car player; 40gb, 60gb is fine for a portable player full of low quality mp3s that you dock with your PC all the time

lack of upgradable storage?? WTF??? i already upgraded my H340 hard drive to an 80GB HAHA!! your comment makes no sense!

also, if you knew anything about mp3's which i assume you dont, you would know that there is an excellent ripping program called EAC which rips cd's to basically the exact disk quality. and if you wanna start an argument about its not exact. do a blind test and i guarantee if you use the program correctly, youll never tell the difference betwen the ripped song and cd song. then again, im not sure your brain could handle all the program set-up. your best off listening to your cassettes so you dont get confused:laugh:

You're too hopeless to respond to. I could debunk your stupid, ignorant and arrogant (you manage all 3 almost every post...good job!) statements, but why bother when you don't know enough to realise you've just been slapped around? You're like a pitbull whose been shot 5 times, can barely move and still won't let go of his bone

Come back when you have the slightest clue about the crap you try to spew forth. And enjoy your 'exact disk quality' mp3's...LOL

Have a nice day.

You're too hopeless to respond to. I could debunk your stupid, ignorant and arrogant (you manage all 3 almost every post...good job!) statements, but why bother when you don't know enough to realise you've just been slapped around? You're like a pitbull whose been shot 5 times, can barely move and still won't let go of his boneCome back when you have the slightest clue about the crap you try to spew forth. And enjoy your 'exact disk quality' mp3's...LOL

Have a nice day.
HAHAA! in other words, thats your cue that you know you **** and accept defeat correct? haha! i understand, you have no arguments so you give up like a little girl. whats wrong????

pathetic little girl trying to argue with someone who knows 10 times more than you do! you still never answered my question about how you can bring YOUR perfect music in your car and play it? oh thats right, youre the guy that uses the cassette adapter to play cd's on your portible Koss cd player thru your cassette deck and carries around his cd case when he locks his car HAHAHA:laugh:

GET A LIFE LOSER!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

MY H380 RULES !! YOU HAVE NOTHING THAT COMES CLOSE!

BE SURE TO CLEAN YOUR CASSETTE DECK HEADS, OK???? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

LOL.... trollarific. Sorry son, no point in biting; your post drives my point home quite sufficiently without my doing anything.

you have a point??? that would be a first wouldnt it?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

you have no argument and from all these pages still dont know what your argument is??? you never did any comparsions at all????

stick with your cassette deck!!! did you figure out the SIDE A and SIDE B thing out yet?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif :laugh: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

99StangGt

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
99StangGt
Oregon
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date