Ipods **** S***T

99StangGt
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Oregon
So I cant get my daughters ipod to do anything anymore while its hooked to the computer. i tried to update the songs and it wouldnt because of some BS about the playlist. so I updated it and Itunes now the computer doesnt even know there is anything hooked to it. any ideas?

Hmmm check settings for recognizing the iPod and such. These things ARE VERY finicky. It's quite annoying at times, I do agree with you. Maybe do the iPod roll back to the previous version of iTunes...? IDK

I had a similiar problem, If you go into control panel > system > then hardware manageror something like that, find the ipod listed as a usbconnection i think, it might be listed just like a generic mass storage device, disable then enable it. other than that. you might need to reset the ipod updater to make it like it was out of the box just to get the pc to recognize it again.

I got it to work. Still *****. its so pickey it took me 10 times hooking up before it said well ok we will deal with it. what I want is a standard mp3 hard drive that i can just copy songs onto. well I guess someone wouldnt have a chance to make money. sorry i am so cynical.

F*** Ipods. Mine and my girlfriends both crapped out on us RIGHT as the warranty ended. Mine broke RANDOMLY 4 days after it was out of warranty and the guy at the apple store was cool but said there was nothing in his power that he could do. I'm NEVER buying one again.

I've got an older 20G 4th generation that I've 1/8" dent on the back right in the middle. Still works fine. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I do have drama updating sometimes, because I've got more music than space, so it can be finicky at times.

heh mine act up all the time. the battery constantly says its dead then i turn it back on and the battery is full again. and this happened right after the warrenty was up. *****!

on a PC they **** pretty bad.

on a mac they are sweet.

I have had mine on both and well went back to the mac //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Well I've gotten used to all of the problems one sees with his Ipod. My problems were never really with the Ipod itself, but with Itunes. I think that is the most disorganized program besides Windows.

Has anyone ever figured out how to get rid of gaps between songs? I make some really good mixtapes and I get really annoyed when there are gaps between the tracks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

99StangGt

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
99StangGt
Oregon
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date