iPod2car for Eclipse

wel i emailed ipod2car comapny and asked them about that workign with an avn5495. and tehy said it works..but tehre is NO TEXT display for this unit... so its kinda worthless to me.

As long as its better than Alpine's I'd be happy, thinking of getting an eclipse deck in the near future.

From what i heard/read, Alpine's IPOD interface is an expensive disappointment.

I have a feeling the eclipse control will be pretty bad as well. The sirius tuner was slow to respond and lacked all of the controls that a stand alone would have. I could have overlooked these, but the 8455 sirius tuner was not concidered a aux unit. The sirius tuner had a verl low voltage. Without the aux sensitivity adjustment, the tuner sounded very poor when matched to a cd volume. A 5 volt deck may not notice as much of a problem, but I believe the 8 volts will sacrifice alot of sound for flexability.

As long as its better than Alpine's I'd be happy, thinking of getting an eclipse deck in the near future.
From what i heard/read, Alpine's IPOD interface is an expensive disappointment.
Are you kidding me? It's by FAR the best out there for single DIN units. And from what I've read about iPod2car, the Eclipse version should have much less functionality.

Try using the Kenwood, Clarion, or Pioneer ones...they are nowhere near as advanced as the Alpine version.

The ipod interface on the alpine is NOW WHERE NEAR the interface on the mp3 discs for the deck. There are several buttons that you can use while surfing through mp3 discs that are completly useless on the ipod. Plus the ipod search is so freakin slow its ridiculous. If the ipod interface would equal the mp3 disc interface it would be worth the money. Other then that, just use the headphone output to ur aux.

The ipod interface on the alpine is NOW WHERE NEAR the interface on the mp3 discs for the deck. There are several buttons that you can use while surfing through mp3 discs that are completly useless on the ipod. Plus the ipod search is so freakin slow its ridiculous. If the ipod interface would equal the mp3 disc interface it would be worth the money. Other then that, just use the headphone output to ur aux.
Now that is interesting...how exactly is the MP3 capability on a 9855 better than the iPod? Considering the iPod doesn't have a normal directory structure like an MP3 CD, I don't see how they could make it much better in terms of capability. I'd of course like to be able to scroll faster and more accurately, and that's about it.

well u can just go through several folders quickly just by pressing the up and down folder buttons. You can also double click on the folder icon and search quickly through the albums. The scroll is 4 times faster. And with the mp3 u can already group everything of whatever u want on a certain disc. For the ipod you would have to make a new playlist. And even then it would just be a gigantic list of songs. Not albums, artists just songs. The only thing I see better on the ipod is that it can carry alot more songs than a mp3 disc - of course - but everything else is lacking.

Ahh, but that has more to do w/ the iPod than the Alpine...I'm trying to think, but when you're scrolling on the actual iPod you don't see the artist or albums either.

And you have access to up to 40 GB of music rather than 700 MB. Plus, updating the iPod is almost instantaneous compared to burning a CD.

Do you have an iPod?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.