cd8445

No offense, but you should never have purchased a HU like that without a manual. The controls are very complex and I can guarantee that you will spend most of your time posting forums for how to questions concerning eq, memory stick, crossover and e-iserve settings. I am just guessing, but I believe that manual is probably around 80 pages.

BTW, I got my CD8445 with no manual as well (I have it now) and there was SO much that I had to check in the manual for, but I didn't have it to check. The deck may seem very simple but there is a lot that you can do that you won't be able to figure out until you get a manual.

about that manual. I need to get it. Any one wanting to shove one aside or where i can get it. Now before you say call eclipse thats what ill do tomorrow. Ok now to the hu. I confused the power wires with the ground wire. Its connected to this metal box and i was wondering what i gotta do bout it.

You may want to hold off on installing the deck. The metal box is not power or ground. It is part of the HU most suseptable to noise interferance. The box should be placed as far from any electrical componants as possible. The color scheme for the harness is pretty standard. Red and yellow are power and black is ground.

never mind about that. etch the question about the ground. now about were can i get a manual?

yeah im kinda tripping over myself about the wiring. been a long day an plausible excuse anymore?

yeah im kinda tripping over myself about the wiring. been a long day an plausible excuse anymore?
What makes it worse, is on the top of the unit they are labled in a color scheme...

It tells you exactly what they are...

just to let you know I have the 8455 and the manual is 238 pages. I believe the 8445 is around 150 pages. These decks have way too many features to figure out on your own. CALL ECLIPSE!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

called them. they dont provide the manuals. Got to call other guys. its aight but they wouldnt even give me a price because i wasnt a vendor. well this other place closes at

5:30 easter time so 2: 30 western time for me. im still in school that time. grrrr. yeah, thanks for the input guys.

i guess i can ask something since its here. IM going to put new speaker wiring to replace the stock wiring in my civic 95'. i bought a lot of 18 gauge wire. could i just connect (solder/tape) these new speaker wires directly to their connections from the eclipse unit harness? or would i have to connect them some how through the civic wiring harness?

called them. they dont provide the manuals. Got to call other guys. its aight but they wouldnt even give me a price because i wasnt a vendor. well this other place closes at 5:30 easter time so 2: 30 western time for me. im still in school that time. grrrr. yeah, thanks for the input guys.

i guess i can ask something since its here. IM going to put new speaker wiring to replace the stock wiring in my civic 95'. i bought a lot of 18 gauge wire. could i just connect (solder/tape) these new speaker wires directly to their connections from the eclipse unit harness? or would i have to connect them some how through the civic wiring harness?
If you want to do it right, run new wires to each speaker (no splices). However, splicing behind the HU is fine as long as you have a factory color code or a tone generator. What ever happens with the manual you are going to be very pleased with that head unit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Dozy_production

10+ year member
Poel
Dozy_production
San Diego, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date