iPhone compatible headunit

Participant count
  • Participant list

skinrock
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ira Twp.
So I am trying to figure out which is the best route. The Alpine iDA series seems to promote iPod connectivity. I read in a previous thread that the iDA-X100 worked perfectly with the iPhone, but that is out of my budget. I was looking at the iDA-X200.

The other unit I'm looking at is the Pioneer DEH-P5000UB, which uses a USB cable similar to the one that comes with the iPhone. I read one review which said it worked great, but another guy just told me it works intermittently with his 3G. I have the older model, so that might be the issue?

I'm not sure which I should take my chances with.

i dont understand why you dont just hook it up threw the aux and use the 3.5 mm hook up....
I could do that with my current one. The fact that I haven't is proof that I'm looking for the best functionality and quality. It'd also be nice to cut down on the cluster of wires and have it charge through the deck.

I could do that with my current one. The fact that I haven't is proof that I'm looking for the best functionality and quality. It'd also be nice to cut down on the cluster of wires and have it charge through the deck.
Talk to Alpine tech support, they will have the information you need.

Audio Products Technical Support

(Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.)

(800) TECH-101 (1-800-832-4101)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.