iPad head unit setup

Participant count
  • Participant list
You need a HU/receiver. The mini is only the signal source in this scenario. You have to have a compatible device to use the signal provided by the Apple device.

You need a HU/receiver. The mini is only the signal source in this scenario. You have to have a compatible device to use the signal provided by the Apple device.
Would a line driver with line outputs into my amps be ok? I would either do that, and use dsp amps or use a separate dsp processor from the line driver into my regular amps. My system will have a pair of 3 way components up front and two subs in the rear.

It is usually reserved for completely customer installs, but here is some info on using the iPad as the HU.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

So I am planning to build a system in my Ford Excursion and can’t decide on whether I want to use an iPad mini with a sound processor behind it or...
There are a couple of options. You can use a marine bt unit. They come in the size of a hockey puck and can mount anywhere. This is the marine unit.
There are bluetooth amplifiers. You can just use your phone or an I Pod as the music source and not touch the radio.
Avoid jvc 480bhs hard to see the display in the daytime even with the brightness all the way up also not as easy getting to the audio menu like...

About this thread

Brax1942

CarAudio.com Newbie
Brax1942
Arkansas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from