Participant count
  • Participant list

Matador
10+ year member

-= StillBumping =-
Ca
i was designing my box for 2 12'' edks n ti came up to be

W1 = 8'' W2=11'' L=31.5'' H=15.5''

for a totla of 1.0634 cu feet before displacement, but i was reading n i would most likely need bracing inside. i'll be using separate chambers.

would it help the "bracin" if i use 2 MDF pieces for the middle separator instead of just one? and how would you brace the inside? by connecting the 2 panels that connect (like in an L shaped side, u pur one like P, think of the L but with the block).

n one last question, for more strength,

for the BACK PANEL of the box, let's say u put it laying on the ground, so for the 2 widths of the box, do u nail them on top of the back portion panel like

| |

---

or on the outer you nail the back portion onto the edges? like

|__|

remember, this is for strength purposes that i am asking. thanks a lot

dependant on the power your running that divider may be enough to stiften it suficiently....i think your going to be alright, genrally i always bace, but most the boxes i build are considerably bigger than that.

i will only be sending 400rms to each sub.

can anyone answer this one tho

think that you put the box facing up on the floor (sub openings on top) looking towards

the back of the box thru the openings..

for the BACK PANEL of the box, let's say u put it laying on the ground, so for the 2 widths of the box, do u nail them on top of the back portion panel like

| |

---

|__|

n with only this much power, do you think is needed to double panel the middle divider? put 2 panels instead of just one (3/4'' each panel)

Originally posted by Matador i will only be sending 400rms to each sub.

can anyone answer this one tho

think that you put the box facing up on the floor (sub openings on top) looking towards

the back of the box thru the openings..

| |

---

|__|

n with only this much power, do you think is needed to double panel the middle divider? put 2 panels instead of just one (3/4'' each panel)
it doesn't matter which way they go, both are acceptable, i hope your not nailing unless your usuing THIN brads to hold the glue? you should be fine with singl 3/4" mdf all around.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.