interference in LCD screen, voltage loss???

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jeff22
10+ year member

pa
I have a problem with my LCD screen. When the car is not running but I have the key in the acc selection to run the stereo and dvd and screen I get interference. But the interference goes away completely when the engine is running.

Basically the intereference is lines that appear on the screen, they can be caused by stepping on the break, hard hitting bass, turning the key to where the dash lights and fuel pump come on but not quite starting the engine. The more things that happen at once the worse the interference in the screen gets.

The lines will appear whether or not the dvd player is on. like if I turn on the screen then step on the breaks the lines appear. Also with the dvd player on when the bass hits hard or I step on the brakes the lines appear again.

Again while the car is running I can do anything and no interference.

Any idea on how to fix the problem of being parked and having interference because this is when I use the dvd player and screen the most.

I thought of getting a new battery, or buying a capacitor to lower the voltage drop. Any ideas.

I have a problem with my LCD screen. When the car is not running but I have the key in the acc selection to run the stereo and dvd and screen I get interference. But the interference goes away completely when the engine is running.
Basically the intereference is lines that appear on the screen, they can be caused by stepping on the break, hard hitting bass, turning the key to where the dash lights and fuel pump come on but not quite starting the engine. The more things that happen at once the worse the interference in the screen gets.

The lines will appear whether or not the dvd player is on. like if I turn on the screen then step on the breaks the lines appear. Also with the dvd player on when the bass hits hard or I step on the brakes the lines appear again.

Again while the car is running I can do anything and no interference.

Any idea on how to fix the problem of being parked and having interference because this is when I use the dvd player and screen the most.

I thought of getting a new battery, or buying a capacitor to lower the voltage drop. Any ideas.
make sure you do not have a ground loop problem and that your grounds are good... I had a simmilar prob and when I tore into it I found a suspect ground wire.. Fixed it, problem gone..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.