Integrating siren into stock alarm

dvrmstrng
5,000+ posts

DE
2005 Pontiac GTO

has a stock alarm

alarm consists of lights flashing and the horn going off, but i would love to integrate a siren in there if i could. I was wondering if it was possible to also have the siren / sirens chirp when i locked the car, just like how the horn honks once when i lock it via the key fob.

Thanks for any input you guys have..

find the factory alarm brain, and using a dmm, find the wire that sends the pulse to the horn, tap in to that using a relay to trigger the siren

**** I was I had access to direct wire still.

x2 what AZ is saying.

Tap into the horn wire.

I know people who have 5-6 Piezo's in their cab, 2-4 in their trunk, and 2 or 3 in their hood facing down.

All I know is my friend's BMW which I believe has 2 Piezo's makes my jaw drop and my ears grind when it goes off-- I can't go within 10 feet with out covering my ears.

x2 what AZ is saying.
Tap into the horn wire.

I know people who have 5-6 Piezo's in their cab, 2-4 in their trunk, and 2 or 3 in their hood facing down.

All I know is my friend's BMW which I believe has 2 Piezo's makes my jaw drop and my ears grind when it goes off-- I can't go within 10 feet with out covering my ears.

well AZ suggested the single setup...are your suggesting the Piezo's?

how hard is it to find the right wire and what kind of relay should i be looking for

go to the local audio shop and buy a dei siren those piezos **** for exterior use and they are annoying. if your going for a upgraded sounds get a dei siren or get a dei alarm much better and can get a paging system

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.