Installing new speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

Manu

CarAudio.com Recruit
Romania
Hello, i bought 2 Hertz Uno K165 speakers for my sedan e46 and 2 adapter rings. Surprize: after installing the adapter and speaker it don't fit and knock in door. What i have to do ? Someone else installed these speakers in e46 front doors? I don't want to cut the door to fit them.

Last edited:
Get a speaker adapter that is thicker to offset that. I am having to do the same thing in my explorer as I am going from 6x8's to 6.5 silverflutes but need a thicker adapter to push the speaker out towards the door panel more. Lots of people on ebay will do that for under 20 bucks mine are going to cost around 14-20 shipped for a 1.5"-2.5" thicker plate adapter

Yep I have someone on eBay I found who does them with a 3D printer and the quality looks really nice. Just have to wait till the 3rd next month when I get paid to order a couple sets. He can do iirc multiple different sizes and wants the exact speaker you are using so he can look at the specs and cut the whole to the size exactly to what you need and the thickness of the adapter. Wood would probably fall apart unless sealed really well but at least with the material he uses which is a hardened plastic of some sort it will last. Plus you can also sound deaden the doors while you have them apart if you are so inclined and can afford to.

Get a speaker adapter that is thicker to offset that. I am having to do the same thing in my explorer as I am going from 6x8's to 6.5 silverflutes but need a thicker adapter to push the speaker out towards the door panel more. Lots of people on ebay will do that for under 20 bucks mine are going to cost around 14-20 shipped for a 1.5"-2.5" thicker plate adapter
A thicker adapter ring can't help me. I need more space for the speaker not less. I have an ideea but i don't know if it can works. I have to cut this plastic piece and then to use my adapter, i will get around 10mm more space for install.
https://ibb.co/prDqNbS this is the plastic piece

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...