A very noob HU wiring question.

Participant count
  • Participant list

greyhnd
10+ year member

Hello folks. Acouple quick and easy questions about wiring a new HU.

Vehicle - 96 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Originally equipped with the Infinity Gold system, but that is going bye bye with the new system install.

I'm using a JVC KD-R530 HU, MB Quart Discus DSC-450 Amp, MB Quart PVI26 Components and a Sub to be added later.

I'm running all new speaker wire from doors to amp, so I won't need to use any of the factory speaker wiring. RCA's from HU to amp for signal along with the remote amp turn on.

When I wire the new HU, I only need to be concerned with my power(red), battery(yellow) , grnd(black) and remote turn on(blue/white), correct? No need to wire the speaker connections into the aftermarket wiring connectors?

I think I'm over thinking the whole process.

CrossoverOre - Thank you for getting my mind set right. I was sure had no need to connect the factory wires since the RCA's are being used, but I have a tendency to talk myself out of the correct choice. Thanks again for the quick and simple answer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.