Installing new head

Participant count
  • Participant list

ActionJ-01-Z71
10+ year member

Action Jackson
TULSA
My ole man got me a JVC SH77 for a Christmas present. I was crimping the wire harness together last nigth and noticed that on the harness that goes to my truck it has a orange wire and a orange w/ white wire (one says illumination the other says dimmer) Anyway the harness from the head only has 1 orange. Should I hook both up to the one? If not which should I use from my truck the illumination or dimmer? My guess is the illumination if dimmer is not that important to me. Which it isn't but just wanted to make sure.

Thanks

AJ

generally new h/u's dont need the dimmer or illumination hooked up...your not just matching colors from your stock wiring to the h/u wiring are u??? cause they tend to be quite different......i'd look in the manual and wire everything up as recomended fromt he h/u manual....and your cars manual should give you what your factory colors are.....good luck

I grew up in Tulsa! Notice the BOOMER SOONER at the bottom of my post? I grad 95 from EC and currently work for Williams Co. Yeah the dim and ill wires just threw me off thats all. But the HU harness has a orange wire that the manual says goes to light source. As for the factory harness I have the spec for it too so it's all good.

Thanks

AJ

well if your h/u has a wire for a light go w/ the illumination.....after its hooked up turn your lights on and see if it does anything ....if not then try the other wire then turnt he lights on......good luck.....yea i live here in tulsa.....kinda boring at times......but not to bad....i wish there were more comps in this area tho....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.