installing an amp i have questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

ekah

Senior VIP Member
hawaii
im installing a small 4 channel amp in my friends car and was wondering if i run a 8 gauge power from battery and wanted to later get a distro block to become 2 8 gauge powers down the line to power 1 4 channel and 1 mono amp would this be okay if i use 8 gauge for everything?
or should i try to tell her to buy the 4 gauge and then distro to 8 gauge to mono and 4 channel?
or is 8 gauge all around be fine?
not installing anything to crazy
just a small 4 channel and a small mono
about 500rms mono to 2 10"kickers and about 300 rms 4 channel to components alpine type s

What i did in my vehicle was run 4g from battery with fuse block by battery to distribution block then ran 6g to amps.
I run 2 Kenwood Excelon XR401-1 4ch. Have stock alt and battery. Been installed now close to 1 yr with no issues
It all depends on what your installing too but, what you said you are installing i would not run 8g. If your going to run the 2 amps eventually you said don't cheap out, run 4g from battery to distribution block. Do the install once and be prepared for the 2 amp you said your eventually going to install. And don't forget to install that fuse block by battery too. The fuse and bistribution blocks are not expencive. You said nothing to crazy. Getting crazy with multiple high powered amp would be a whole difference story and set up with upgraded alternator and differant gauge wire & other stuff. New distribution and fuse block should be installed because you said your going to install that second amp later.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.