installing a Kinetik hc600

sully8895

FL
Hey, I was looking into capacitor's and did some research and heard these are the best and whoop all capacitors because its a battery capacitor. How would you wire this and would it be too much for a little two 10"kicker compVR setup which is only pushing 900 watts RMS

You can never have too much power on tap. If your system doesn't require the power that the kinetik has in it, then you will never deplete it and see a draw or drop. Run your power wire off of your underhood battery to the kinetik. Then run a separate ground in the rear just for the kinetik. Run your amp's power and ground off of the kinetik. Easy as that dude. You wire it the same as if you had a cap in the rear, it just replaces it. Do not EVER buy a cap. Kinetiks can be had for just a little more cheese and are significantly better. Putting an HC800 in my truck nearly cured my draw issues, and I was snatching my volt meter to 2.5volt drops with a 2 farad cap.

First off I wouldn't recommend kinetik. ( Not trying to cause a war) But i now know 17 cars that have kinetiks in them and they get a thump in there system when they turn the car on or off or both. I have done much research and testing and finally come to the conclusion it is the kinetiks that do it. I think they bleed power off into the amps that disperses into the subs during start up or shut off. And trust me its not grounds this is like 2 years of theories and testing that has showed me what im discussing that finally led me to this conclusion.

All 17 had the problem with the thump? I have only had mine for a couple months, but I drive it daily and have never hear any sort of thump. Weird.

Hey while we're on the subject, is there a reason why so many people are against optimas? I got a yellow top in the rear and it seems everyone on here thinks they are not good for some reason or another? Could someone shed some light on this?

Connect it directly to the power wire to your amp (i would remove the fuse first), then ground it close by. Then run a new power wire from the kinetic to your amp, and ground from the kinetic also to your amp. let me know if you need help, its very simple.

First off I wouldn't recommend kinetik. ( Not trying to cause a war) But i now know 17 cars that have kinetiks in them and they get a thump in there system when they turn the car on or off or both. I have done much research and testing and finally come to the conclusion it is the kinetiks that do it. I think they bleed power off into the amps that disperses into the subs during start up or shut off. And trust me its not grounds this is like 2 years of theories and testing that has showed me what im discussing that finally led me to this conclusion.
a battery will not cause this. sorry but your conclusion is wrong.

Hey while we're on the subject, is there a reason why so many people are against optimas? I got a yellow top in the rear and it seems everyone on here thinks they are not good for some reason or another? Could someone shed some light on this?
there is just much better for the same money. like deka

you are wrong.

Dang where is my thump at after 4.5 years +? (I'm jealous!) I also have friends that are doing over 153.5 db sealed up legal off 1 kinetik that is 3 years old. I will also add that kinetik has been used in SEVERAL world champion SQ cars and top level competitors where "thumps" would be a huge NO if that were the case.

and optimas have a small wire connecting each spiracell, this wire does burn up when you start pulling big loads of current. ive been told this several times. and i have replaced like 7 optimas. 3 red and 4 yellows. went back with regular batts and never had a problem since. but thats just what i've experienced so dont put to much into my experience, some never had issues.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.