installing 6.5" comp set.. what do i need?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Yes you will need to fabricate a ring from MDF, ensure that you choose a thickness that allows you to clear all door internals. There are prefab mounting plates you can buy made from ABS but I hate these.IMHO Its always a good idea to do some sound deadning.

General-Wire, a way and place to mount x-overs. Have fun don't worry if you make 4 or 5 sets of mounting rings its all learning.

He will only need a dremel or something like it if mounting it directly to the door and that is not a guaranteed thing. With the MDF ring you should not need it.IMHO

Was it 6x8 or 4x6. The cone is the widest portion even if its 61/2 in a 6x8 hole, using a 1/2 MDF ring that sounds wierd. Unless your speaker basket is even with the cone all the way down or is wider than the cone surface or lip. I have also put 6 1/2 in an 6x8 hole and never trimmed the door.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.