installing 2 batterys in the back ?

big scott

blazin low, and loud
edgewood, md
Hi guys,

im installing 2 batterys in the back of my truck.

I have a fuse about 8" from my front battery, do I need to fuse the same wire at the back batterys?

if so use the same size fuse im useing in the front?

and do I need to fuse the wire going from back batterys to my distribution block ?

And im running knu ofc 1/0 wire.

just trying to figure this out as I pulled all my amp ,, wire,, rca out as im redoing it all.

plus getting ready for when my h/u comes in.

im getting a pioneer 7" flip out unit.

and running a video rca for the backup camera.

a battery is a power source, in the event of an accident - you will rely on the fuze to blow if a dead short situation somehow happens.

any where you have a wire coming off of a battery it needs a fuze with in 12 ish inches of the battery terminal. just imagine worst case scenereo something hits your truck - and a metal something cuts in to your wires causing direct short to frame ground - all the power from your batterys are now dead shorting to frame ground - heating up wire and metal and attempting to catch fire to anything in the near by areas. its about as much power as a good ark welder going on right there inside your truck. any thing flamable where your wires run ?

now imagine same scenereo - with fuze - dead short happens - lotts of current flows thru the fuze - fuze pops equipment and batterys are safe - no fire - eazy fix

unless you dont care like above poster stated - lotts of guys use fuze and lotts of guys dont use fuze.

A lot of people don't bother to fuse. I would not recommend going that route. All wires should be fused. If something happens to your truck, like you hit something, or get hit, a wire could short out and with 3 batteries now on a full short, that wire will glow and start things on fire. This is extremely dangerous for you and anyone else in the car. Better to be safe.

ok i get it and i was going to fuse as i want to be safe.

but the main ? was the wire i have going from my front battery to the first back batter. its fused at 8" from the front battery. do i need to put a fuse on that same wire at the back battery?

so that main wire would have 2 fuses on it. ???

is that needed or is the 1 fuse good enough ?

im thinking i need a fuse right before the back battery right ??

and ill fuse the wire after the back battery to my disto block. then ill fuse the main sub amp power wire right before the amps ( sub amps as they do not have fused on board )

but the main ? was the wire i have going from my front battery to the first back batter. its fused at 8" from the front battery. do i need to put a fuse on that same wire at the back battery?

and ill fuse the wire after the back battery to my disto block. then ill fuse the main sub amp power wire right before the amps ( sub amps as they do not have fused on board )

If you only have one fuse on tbe main what's going to happen when it shorts between that fuse and the rear batt?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.