Installed new amp/component speakers - Hissing problem?

Participant count
  • Participant list

ckunke002
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I just swapped out my old coaxials in the front for a set of RF T2652-S components and sold my old amp and got a MB Quart 4x80... After a long brutal installation (had to run wires through door boots and everything) my tweeter is hissing bad when I turn the gains up to the rated voltage level with a dmm. It really doesn't sound good at all and it's pretty confusing/frustrating after doing all this work.

Why might this be happening? What are the most common culprits in these scenarios? Very confused/concerned/annoyed.

Thanks!

Do you have hiss with the car running and with it not? Check your ground. What head unit?
Headunit is kenwood 395 excelon... It's only with the car running I believe and when it's cranked up it's a lot more present.. I have 2 amps and they are both grounded through a Dist block so idk what to even look for in the grounds

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.