Installed a new pionner today, few questions and concerns. DEH-P9400BH

The low compression or high compression setting are probably for the source. If you are listening to low compression FLAC files or a CD then you should probably use that setting. If you are using high compression files like mp3's, etc then you should probably use the high compression setting. Just my guess.....

Also if you weren't using a Sine Wave or test tone to set the amp's gains, it could be the reason there is a discrepancy in output voltages between different channel sets.

But make sure if it's new unit, to not open her up. You may void the warranty. You may have to send it back for a new one. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Also if you weren't using a Sine Wave or test tone to set the amp's gains, it could be the reason there is a discrepancy in output voltages between different channel sets.But make sure if it's new unit, to not open her up. You may void the warranty. You may have to send it back for a new one. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
No i use a 1KHz tone to set my highs and a 50KHz tone for my sub, its just the amp being weird. I was getting voltages like that with the alpine too. I think shes just old, but now its in 2ch mode lol so thre both doing 200w @ volume 40(my max out of 62)

I would deff say its a new unit, i have all the warretny cards and stuff with it. Seems to functions very well

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.