Installation Upgrade Steps/Path

Participant count
  • Participants list

BigRedNole

CarAudio.com Newbie
NC
I am getting to the point of starting my installs and upgrade. Below are the plans and steps. I have a few questions if anyone can provide advice.

1. Head Unit: Pioneer 4500NEX. Fairly straight forward and the first part of the system to upgrade. Work is planned to be done over this weekend.
  2. Amp: Still deciding on brand/model. This will be a 4-channel amp to "eventually" run an 2-way active setup. The current 2-way passive components will be run off 2-channels of the amp. When installing the amp and running cables, I will have the active cables run so I don't have to do that a second time. Just have the wiring in place, not hooked up to the amp nor the speakers as of yet. I don't see any issues with doing it this way. Plan to do this with the head unit upgrade.
  3. Sound deadening the front doors: I have 36sf of Noico sound deadening material. I have been looking at videos online. Some of the say you have to fully deaden the inside of the door and behind the door panel. Others state just enough deadening material to keep the door from rattling. If anyone has a "best practice method", I am all ears from the experts.
  4. Speakers/Sub: For now, the speakers are what was in there when I bought it. The previous owner had garbage kicker components put in. I will have to live with those for a few weeks. I am keeping my eye out for used subs locally and may find a deal. There are two people with those JBL HO's in my area, but they have yet to respond. As for active 2-way components, I have been given a ton of options to consider. I am looking and researching those options until I finally decide. It may very well be a hold off until the Black Friday to maybe score an excellent deal.

Building the doors in steps is a good approach. Does the head unit have active crossover capability or are you buying an amp with active crossovers (up to 5kHz settings)?
When deadening your doors, there are additional important steps beyond just deadener. My buddy T-fade has a couple detailed videos on the Everyday Audios channel on YouTube. He explains my process pretty well.

Waiting for a good deal is a great idea, or looking for nice stuff used.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.