Installation guide on sound quality

Participant count
  • Participants list

Rajey03

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi experts i need help and guru advise here.
I am using alpine cde150e HU and focal components and subwoofer....how am i gonna run the whole system on a 3 channel soundstream amp?

I know 2 channel would be for speakers
1 channel for subs.

How to run the tweeters ? Since all 3 channels is powered up by speakers n sub.

Please help.

Hi experts i need help and guru advise here.
I am using alpine cde150e HU and focal components and subwoofer....how am i gonna run the whole system on a 3 channel soundstream amp?

I know 2 channel would be for speakers
1 channel for subs.

How to run the tweeters ? Since all 3 channels is powered up by speakers n sub.

Please help.
I assume your using the mini Soundstream 3ch I just put one in the center console of my 80 Trans Am it fit perfect . Anyway your question the Focal components come with a passive crossover that divides the channels between the mids and tweeters you’d run the speaker leads to the inputs of the crossovers .. the crossover sends the right frequency to the speakers .
I hope this helps

Thank you Crx for ur advise.i am clear with ur info now and will do exactly the same pair the amp with passive crossover and it will do the job with highd and lows.

Is it true 3 channel amp is always way better then a 4 channel amp? I have never run on this set up before.
They are not necessarily better but can sometimes fit your application better . Usually in most 4 chs the rear 4 chs can only be bridged to run a 4 ohm Mono load for maximum subwoofer power in your 3ch the rear channels can run a 2 ohm Mono load for maximum power so two 4 ohm woofers wired together for max power or a single dual 2 ohm subwoofer wired properly

Ic.i got greater explanation from you.thanks buddy.anyway my car is compact car without a bigger boot space.so is bettee for me to use a 8 inch sub or 10 inch which will sound greater.current my sub is 10 inch but an after market item.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.