Install Question...

Participant count
  • Participant list

kickerlivinloud
10+ year member

Banning survivor
Ok this summer I will hopfully have all of my system bought and ready to install. I was wondering, should make a whole or something in the rear deck to let the bass into my car??? I will be putting my system in a 91 Buick Century saden, it has tons of space so I am putting a large enclosure in it (my systen is in my sig). I have heard that bass is lost when the trunk is isolated from the rest of the car, is this true or false? Is a ski hole or something worth doing or would it just be a waste of time. I am wanting to do some comps with my setup so I want to be as loud as posible. Also would doing this hurt my system for daily driving. I plan on haveing 2 enclosures so I can have the best of both worlds, SPL and some SQ.

Your input is appreceated....

Jon

ive seen people that swear by the way their box points... most people just point the subs towards the back and let it bang on through without any port through the rear deck. i had it like that in my passat. i dont gotta worry with my explorer now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

it all depends on what comps, what class, etc etc etc

my coworker at the audio shop just hit 147.8 in his isuzu hombre, and he drove it from daytona (6 hours) with it crankin, so i dont think it will hurt the daily driving, just dont hurt your hearing, you cant get it back....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.