install plans please.

buchi
10+ year member

after months and months of savings and viewing every possible helpful thread in this site, ive gathered these gears. would anyone help me decide which amps goes to what sub and which one goes to my components. i already have a plan sketched out but i just want to know what you have in mind guys.

amps:

hifonics neptune (bought from a friend) - 4-channel

rockford fosgate 1501s (bought brand new) - 2-channel

soundstream reference 500 (bought from another friend) - 2-channel

subs:

2 alpine 12" e-subs 600watts max (brand new) - rear firing

1 kicker 12in L7 subs dual 4ohms (bought used but in perfect condition) - front firing

hu:

alpine cda-9801 (brand new)

audio control eqx

component speakers:

havent decided yet but pondering on a rainbow 3-way (2 pairs) - one on front and the other on the trunk cover and just so-so coaxes for the rear deck

what do you think?

Um, you really shouldn't have 2 different kinds of subs in your car. For the amps, Whatever puts out power at the correct resistence level.

different speakers could cause cancellation correct? because the way the subs operate?
Yep cancellation up the butt. If u actually did read the threads on the forum u would have found that out(not you brandon this is to the original poster). Get 1 L7 and a 1kw amp and you'll be very happy.

just trying to make the most out of my install. each sub will have its own separate chamber so tell me, would i still have the problem regarding cancellation?

sorry for the late reply, i was in cebu city having a great time!

You still will. Sound in low frequency spectrum (subwoofer range) doesn't really have any direction so it wouldn't matter where you put the woofer. You should stick with one brand and one type of woofer especially if they are the same size.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

buchi

10+ year member
buchi
Bacolod City, The Philippines
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from