input voltage??

Participant count
  • Participant list
IMO LD's became obsolete several years ago. Now that 2v is standard voltage for even the cheapest of HU's and about every amp's sensitivy range goes to 1/4v or less any HU/amp combo should allow the amp to reach its optimal level of power w/o bringing audible noise into the equation.

Hopefully the LD's adjustable - unless you want your system output to go from zero to maximum in a fraction of your HU's volume range you'll have to limit the LD to around 5v when your HU's at full (unclipped) volume.

W/O your LD you probably wouldn't have needed more than 1/2 gain.

My HU is 2v, my amps will accept up to 7v. I set my gains for rated power (they're under-rated amps) using the DMM method, and both gains are less than 1/2.

The higher the input voltage the lower the gain needs to be.If your running multiple amps its good but for a single amp and sub I would just use the deck.With a higher input people tend to keep the gains in the same place as with the deck alone which leads to massive clipping and damaged subs and amps.Just get a good eletrical and you'll be fine without it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.