info on lanzar amp powering punch hx2's

Budnik
10+ year member

im thinking of getting the lanzar Vibe 250 2 channel to power my two rf punch hx2's. this is just a temporary amp so i just really want to hear suggestions about this amp or others in it's price range. i would like to send at lesat 500 watts to each sub. now, cmttrading.com says that the vibe 250 can put out 800 watts to 2 channels at 2 ohms. is this correct? and if it is will the 800 watts hurt my subs or wear them down quicker? thanks for all the help.

thanks,

matt

It probably won't even get 800x2 dynamically. I think the 250 is 225x2 at 4 ohms so it should be in the neighborhood of 400x2 @ 2. Also, my vibe 430 had some trouble overheating when I had all channels at 2 ohms. These are budget amps, if you try to slam it at 2 ohms I would think you'd have some problems. If you take it easy though I think it would get you by temporarily.

That would be a complete waste! The HX2s deserve power!!! Get them a real amp on ebay something, cause it does not good to have awesome subs and a sucky amp.

i agree with rangerman here! i'm sending my hx2's about 200 wrms each and while they pound, they are itching for more! the lanzar isn't going to hurt them at all, get two, and put one on each sub!

i say u give those woofers at least 300 watts each. the jbl 600 would be a good choice for this application in my opinion. an even better amp, IMO, would be the new rockford 750s. just test the waters with different amps and buy whatever u think fits best. mrray's suggestion is also quite a good one.

just to let you know that if a sub is rated at 300 watts its best to give them close to that other wise it will wear down the speaker.....also you can actually mess a speaker up if you dont give it enough power....a competition quality speaker should receive high, quality power......jus thought i'd let you know

punch hx2's are rated at 500 watts rms but 300 will push them well though. secondly, underpowering will not hurt a speaker. i can't get into specifics, but i know this is not true, i've read this on quite a reliable site and zane will also tell you this as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.