Info on Boston Acoustics Pro Series 6.8 2 way set

Participant count
  • Participant list

MGX

CarAudio.com Newbie
SPAIN
Hi guys , im new here and in search of your knowledge . Im from Spain and i bought a set of these in second hand market.
I searched for any info on these but didnt find any single spec sheet or nothing of use. There are a some of these on ebay and the seller told me these are old school from 98 and that they are hi end Boston-Acoustics 2 way set.
Can someone tell me anything about them ?

Attachments

• s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    264.2 KB · Views: 67
  • s-l1600 (2).jpg
    s-l1600 (2).jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 65
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 70
Hey there, Hola to you!
Those speakers you have are not the Original Boston Acoustics gear made in USA. Sorry to advise you of your product. Its a copy of the Boston Acoustics old Pro series gear., 6.4, 6.5 series. Looks similar, but is a copy of the original gear. I know for a fact there are many countries that sell "fake" reputable car audio' gear but unfortunately there is nothing to restrict the counterfeit gear. I guess just run it and if you are happy with it then that is all that matters. If you are not happy then you can always sell them. I cannot comment on them personally as I have never heard them.

Hey there, Hola to you!
Those speakers you have are not the Original Boston Acoustics gear made in USA. Sorry to advise you of your product. Its a copy of the Boston Acoustics old Pro series gear., 6.4, 6.5 series. Looks similar, but is a copy of the original gear. I know for a fact there are many countries that sell "fake" reputable car audio' gear but unfortunately there is nothing to restrict the counterfeit gear. I guess just run it and if you are happy with it then that is all that matters. If you are not happy then you can always sell them. I cannot comment on them personally as I have never heard them.
Thanks for the sad news . Didnt think of this posibility but It has alot of sense.
I still didnt received them , think they come today and i can just deny the delivery.
Thanks

After speaking with the seller and with another person selling them on eBay i will test them out.
The story is weird but Who knows..
The selller says
Hey there, Hola to you!
After speaking with the seller and with another person selling them on eBay i will test them out.
The story is weird but who knows..
The seller says he had a car audio store in the late 90s and that his provider of confidence sold alot of these in a big batch to him. He says the speakers are hi quality made and he says they sound realy realy good.
The eBay seller says something similar and says he did many installs with these for his most demanding clients and they were all realy happy with them.

They really seem to be a copy of the 6.4 and 6.5 Boston Acoustics kits.. maybe these are a rebrand or something? Or they are just decently made fakes .
Btw these cost me 160euros and un new condición so the price isnt really that high but anyway here un Spain i can get used Morelo elate or a focal krx2 2 way kit for abit more .
Sorry for the English jeje nada thanks guys.

The Boston Pro series I owned back in those days looked like these:
https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item-10210-Boston-Acoustics-ProSeries-6.53-Pro-6.5-sup-3-sup.html

Very different frame on that woofer. Then again, I'm not sure when they switched from whatever they used previously? Those were build in Peabody, MA and of very high quality.

Not to be the bearer of bad news, but even if they are real, you probably won't do well with 20+ year old component speakers. It is likely the suspensions are soft/sagging just from age and ferrofluid in the tweeters may be dried out. In short they probably will not perform as they did new and they may fail prematurely. As much as the old Boston Pro (the real made in USA ones) were some of the best sounding speakers I've ever owned, I would not try to install a vintage set of these in a vehicle today.

Recieved the box, this is the last Page of the manual .

Attachments

• IMG_20211015_155644.jpg
    IMG_20211015_155644.jpg
    451.3 KB · Views: 59
I know they are fake due to being in car audio for past 30 odd years, Boston has been one of my favourite brands and even to this day, I am running a pair of Boston components for front stage. The first give-away was the model number, and I also looked at the car audio and electronics magazines and that number is not a model they sold. The packaging and writing is very similar to BA gear back in the day. I had a pair of Pro6.4;s and my mate still has 6.4's and 6.5s in original packaging (he is a collector) so we talk audio alot. Regardless, if they sound good to you is all that matters. Maybe the manufacturers done a good job on making a good copy of it with ferro fluid cooling titanium dome tweeters and beefy mid-woofers.

I know they are fake due to being in car audio for past 30 odd years, Boston has been one of my favourite brands and even to this day, I am running a pair of Boston components for front stage. The first give-away was the model number, and I also looked at the car audio and electronics magazines and that number is not a model they sold. The packaging and writing is very similar to BA gear back in the day. I had a pair of Pro6.4;s and my mate still has 6.4's and 6.5s in original packaging (he is a collector) so we talk audio alot. Regardless, if they sound good to you is all that matters. Maybe the manufacturers done a good job on making a good copy of it with ferro fluid cooling titanium dome tweeters and beefy mid-woofers.
Tested them out this weekend and they sounded really bad. Have a pair of 5inch cheap Hertz speakers and they sound better. Im sending them back , thanks guys .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...