Infinity or MB Quart

I'll come out and say it I can't stand touch sreen head units and saddly at this point that is what most of the double din's are all about. Personally I find them to look a bit out of place in most older cars. When pioneer was still making the FH-P800BT and 8000BT there was an attractive no touch alternative but it's replacement the FH-X700BT is the exact opposite. Luckily there is the second hand market so i can get a tasteful HU. Though speaking of a plethora of physical tone controls you ever see Nakamichi's mobile pre amp lines. Thoughs babies had adjusts out the wazoo and a price tag to match.
TBH, the 8400 was really my way of convincing the wife to let me start the upgrade in this car. I hadn't had a system since '07 when I let go of my 04 Ion Redline. In there, I had an Eclipse CD5000, Rainbow SLC comps in the front, Rainbow SLC coax in the rear, JL 300/4, JL 500/1, and a 12W3v2 in a JL-spec'd box. Didin't know what I had back then, though. Anyway, I knew I had to find something that was easy enough for her to use or she never would have green-lit it. I've talked to her recently mentioning swapping the HU after learning more about TA and active and she looked at me like I escaped from the looney bin. So, long story short, I have the CD7200mkii on loan for a few months; once I get some additional equipment, I'm either going to bridge my front stage to give the mids more power or go full active. It just comes down to what I want to spend more time putting back in order when she has to go back to plain ole passive.

Considering the reviews of JBL MS series speakers, and that their prices have fallen below $200, this is what I'd get. As for subwoofers, Infinity subs are not bad. REF series are ok value if you need a subwoofer that costs less than $100. I'd recommend though to buy Kappa 120.9w as these are step above References and they sound very good. MB Quart is no longer the brand it used to be 10 years ago. I haven't heard much good about recent MB Quart speakers. Once I heard rumor that the best MB Quart engineers quit for "German Maestro" after MB Quart became maxxsonics.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.