infinity or jl ?

get the JL's. the infinity kappas arent all that great. the jl w6's are way better. but if you get infinity's get the infinity perfects. but i would go with the jl's over anything from infinity.

Bah. If those are your very only two choices I would go with the JL speakers. To tell you the truth, when I got my Infinities I was pretty disappointed with them. When they say that it is a sound quality speaker, it really is. There are no big power suprises. If you want some good power with good sound quality, get the JL Audio W6. However, if you can get other speakers, I also recommend Kicker speakers. I heard the Kicker Solo-Baric 12L7 and fell in love it it. It is so powerful and it rocks everything within a 50 foot radius. So, I decided that I would get 2 Kicker Solo-Baric 15L7s. Oh man.... My 2 cents: Go with JL Audio if you can only get one of those two, but if you want to broaden your options, get the Kicker Solo Baric L7. Good luck.

Well, from your two choices it appears that you are more into the SQ side of things. Being an owner of both W6's and Perfects, I can offer this:

The Perfects are a little more clear and defined, than the JL's, however, the W6's are no slouch either, they are a little more durable than the Perfects- however I have had Zero problems with either sub- so they both get reliability points.

Either decision is by far a good one, my advice is to listen to these 2 subs side by side and let your ears decide.

Take it easy,

-zane

in my opinion... i think you're rushing to get your set-up ASAP,

then go for the JLs you are sure to get good quality of a sub. You will never be disappointed. Infinity is not that bad but if you want that gound pounding bass now... JL is your answer .

(just my views)

if you want sound quality i might also add that a set of kove kld2's would be pretty sweet too my friend has the infinity subs and they sorta sound like my old 12 w 4's. jls are great subs but i would hardly call a w6-w3 a "ground pounder" chris norris who is a friend of mine (2001 db drags world champ) uses shockers and used the thin surround over the fat. all things given i wouldnt say anything from jl short of the w7 and the new w 6 a real pounder. idmaxs armogedons DD mmats are subs that come to mind (w-7's here too) memphis lvs......... shockers..............

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.