Infinity kappas

Participant count
  • Participant list

Khammett1962
10+ year member

Hi, I'm buying some new subs for my car soon and I'm not really sure on a few things. I have the Kappas in the doors and in my rear deck. I love the quality of the sound. I want to stay with the Infinity brand because I like them so much. The problem I'm having is the subs. I have the KappaOne already but I'm not sure if I should go with the 10's or 12's. I know I want them sealed. I want the best SQ I can get with them. I think ported subs are just way too boomy. I'm not sure if the size will make THAT much of a change in the sound. Is it worth paying the extra for the 12's or should I just stick with the 10's? I'll be listening to metal mostly and some rock/jazz/blues. I want tight, punchy bass for my kicks in the drums, that's mostly what I'm loking for. Also, I'm not sure on what size box to get or where to get one at. Any help in any of this would be great.

I've got an older model 10"kappa, awesome little sub for sound quality, lacks a little bit in the deeper freq but i'd prob go for the 12"sub and get a customer box made up from one of the guys on here.

I've found R/t enterprises or Obcon (same company) to be great sealed enclosures. Highest build quality i've seen in prefabricated enclosures so far. Recently purchased the 327-12 which is 1.75 cu ft per side 3/4" Mdf fully caulked, even the baffle. Also a lover of Infinity i mostly just they're products. R/t can be found on Ebay

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.