Infinity Kappa components vs. Alpine Type-R

Well I have never owned an Alpine Type-R. But I did own Infinity Kappa components. For the money you pay, they are great speakers. But I do find the tweeters to be a tad bit too bright. But maybe the reason might be because of where I mounted them.

I have owned both and the R's win hands down..

Not even a contest....

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

why would you say the Type R's are better? in the end wouldnt it just be all about opinions???

really...i compared these side by side at ultimate electronics and I thought the kappas blew the type-r's away...afterwards i remembered that the kappas are 2ohms, and the type-r's are 4ohms....which may have been why I thought that being as they both were being run from the same amp (Im guessing the amp was 4ohms which would make the kappa's louder at same volume level).

Infinity *****
Alpine FTW

-Nick-
It's funny how much people rag on anything Type R, unless it's against a speaker they think is bad.

If you don't like Infinity, stop telling them to make drivers for companies like Revel, that many people here would have to sell their car to purchase.

If you think Infinity is bright, try using the -4db tweeter jumper in the xover. Or, actually use your EQ for something other than a light show.

^ have u ever even used anything infinity?
just because i don't have many posts doesn't mean i am a complete idiot. Of course i have used them. If i didn't, i wouldn't have posted would i have?

and i stand by my statement: from what i have heard i like the Alpines and Rockford Fosgates over Infinity. Infinity is too bright and harsh for me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.