Infinity Bass Link question

Participant count
  • Participant list

jmcinvale
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I was given an infinity bass link where the amp was bad (amp wasn't included) and I wanted to know how good this 200 watt sub is sound quality wise and it's frequency response before I make a plate to cover the hole where the amp was and try it out on an amp.

I was given an infinity bass link where the amp was bad (amp wasn't included) and I wanted to know how good this 200 watt sub is sound quality wise and it's frequency response before I make a plate to cover the hole where the amp was and try it out on an amp.
it'll make a little bass but don't expect it to shake anything..

Most peole that have the Basslink either blow the amp from overdriving it because it's never enough or they upgrade to a more powerful setup before they have a chance to blow it. Either way, try it out but don't get your hopes up and expect to be upgrading sooner rather than later.

This isn't for a car.

It's possibly for use with a small pair of bookshelf speakers and figured since it is a car audio sub i shpuld ask on a forum for car audio.

It was free so I got nothing to lose.

The current sub is a bucket sub rated at 100 watts and I'm building another soon as I need more bass.

So I figured adding this one in provided it goes down to at least 30Hz might help even more.

Will seal up the amp opening tonight and use an amp to test it with using an audio generator to see how low it goes then I'll play music to see how good it sounds.

Garbage. A co worker of mine just had to have one even after I told him they **** and I installed it for him. It was terrible. My factory Sony system 8" was louder.

So I tested it last night and it sounded ok.

Not the best and certainly not the worst.

Tried it in series with the other sub and i need a resistor across it since it is 8 ohms and this one is 2 ohms.

Tried it in series with the other sub and i need a resistor across it since it is 8 ohms and this one is 2 ohms.

Tried the stereo at a higher volume today and even though the subs are in series this sub did have some output and it seems to sound ok.

The idea is to get a second bucket sub built put in parallel with the one I have then if I still need a sub place this one in series and locate it in the room wherever it makes the bass sound its best.

In a way I'm amazed that the 500 watt BASH plate amp drove the 2 ohm load very good while testing it last night in my dad's shop.

While testing the sub last night I tried the LFE option of the plate amp which I think is a 250Hz 12 db/octave crossover and the sub didn't sound good, but doing a frequency sweep showed even with the low pass set to 80Hz I was hearing output well into the hundreds of hertz.

Now with it running on the plate amp with the amp in my stereo system it is fed by a 70Hz 24 db/octave active crossover and as such seems to sound much better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.