Infinite baffle output VS sealed

I.b. will sound like sealed at low to moderate listening levels,when you really romp on it will you tell the output is lacking...

Now,over on DIY they swear by a 15,can't remember the brand,That's right up there with boxed speaker.

i've tried both with several sub setups.

i could run anything i want and build anything i desire.

i run a single 12 in IB.

properly done, output is higher than sealed. cone movement resistance is eliminated so efficiency increases as well.

sub selection is pretty important due to the mechanical suspension requirements.

IB Sub manufacturers (off the top of my head, recently available)

Image Dynamics (all of them)

Ultra Subs (all of them)

Fi Car Audio (several sizes)

Dayton Audio (they have a 15")

possible Incriminator Audio Flatlyne is also capable.

my build log (link in sig) shows the effort required.

The JBL GTi series subs are supposed to be great IB performers as well. I have a JBL GTi 15 here that I was considering running IB but it looks like one of the coils is dead so the sub just collects dust until I can find somebody brave enough to rebuild it.

i'm having a problem with a Fi sub right now. it had a mfr defect/issue but they will not warranty saying i installed it wrong. until this is resolved correctly i won't be recommending Fi.

i'm having a problem with a Fi sub right now. it had a mfr defect/issue but they will not warranty saying i installed it wrong. until this is resolved correctly i won't be recommending Fi.
what's wrong with the sub that they say is user error? haha show them a link to your build log, your pretty **** about your install ( please take that as a compliment btw)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.