Infinite baffle or sealed?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Try them both ways //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Seal up the door pod and listen to them for a while. Then pull them out and cut a hole in the back of the pod that vents into the door cavity and listen again. If they sounded better sealed up, then 'glass over the hole you cut.

I don't know a lot about those quart's off hand. Going off a whim I'd say they'd probably like IB better. But, never hurts to try.

wouldnt sealed jus give them tigher midbass??? and then if that is true it basically comes down 2 ur personal preference, like squeak sed jus try them both as they should b diff sounds

pretty sure both ways will sound better, jus 1 will sound better 2 u than the other

wouldnt sealed jus give them tigher midbass???
Not at all.

Mids work just like subs. What happens when you put a sub in too small of an enclosure? You raise the Qtc of the "system", which can and will produce undesireable results such as decreased efficiency, large unnatural peak in the frequency response, decreased transient response and group delay, decreased low frequency extension, "ringing" or slow decay, etc etc.

Now, that's not to say that no mid will work sealed.....there are some that can benefit from a sealed box. But, there's far more to it than just whether or not you want tighter midbass. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.