Improve amp cooling

JoeK
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ringtown, PA
What are some ideas to improve cooling inside of a closed car trunk? My seats dont go down so i cant get major airflow back there. My audiopipe apsm 1500 keeps overheating (i do have a Skar 1500.1 on the way though)

well you live in P.A so it does get **** hot and humid down there if your car is parked out in the sun for hours when you first get in it dont start bumping let the fan cool it down for a minute or two first.

Even if everything is set and hooked up right it is not safe to run full blast for too long in the horrible heat there has been.

Get some fans and run them outside the amp.

yeah the weather is not helping at all here in toledo it hit a legitimate 110 degrees at like 70% humidity
I hear that man, it was 100+ for a week there and I would get in my car and feel my amp before even starting the car and it was already hot as hell.

OP, I would try and just mounting a couple external fans in your trunk to keep the air moving over the amp.

get yourself a couple of fans and and create a box for it with fans on each side, one pull, one push, but you cant really o much with cooling besides that and putting it in a more open area of the trunk.

Spacers underneath the mounting tabs to raise it up a bit (maybe like a half inch) and a couple external fans blowing air across the heatsink should help a ton. With the amp raised up a tad that little fan in the amp should be a bit more efficient and help the amp breathe a little better.

i just instlled an external fan on my amp running my mids/tweets as that amp is the one over heating. but my air circulation is bad because my amp is located where my spare tire is so they are getting no fresh/cool air. im considering drilling some holes in the floor cover for ventilation.

Spacers underneath the mounting tabs to raise it up a bit (maybe like a half inch) and a couple external fans blowing air across the heatsink should help a ton. With the amp raised up a tad that little fan in the amp should be a bit more efficient and help the amp breathe a little better.
This wrks great I use 1/2" rubber spacers to help amps vent alil better and to date have never had an amp shut down. 100+ all day with 100% humidity good ole louisiana weather...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.