Imagine that, another gain setting question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Digital Designs
10+ year member

Aclministrator
Limestone NY
Well, I downloaded a 60hz tone, and went out to the car to see what kinda of power I was running to my Type R(D4). The amp is an Audiopipe AP15001D. I turned the tone on and it shows 50 volts! That is like 1300 watts, which my amp cant even do at 2 ohms. The sub wasnt even getting warm after playing full tilt for at least a half hour, and I heard absolutely no distortion. I turned the gains back so it came up with around 37.5 volts which is like around 700 watts. The sub is moving pretty good but I dont hear any distortion(I have cranked them for a second to make sure I knew what distortion sounded like) Anyways, my question is, does this mean my sub has seen 1300 clipped watts for the last week, and hasnt even broken a sweat from it?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.