Image Dynamics or...???

DTOMKIDD

I was originally looking at RE Audio xxx 6.5 components for my 2015 GMC Sierra but have read that they're quality has gone down and that these components aren't very clear. I've since switched to looking at Image Dynamics cxs 6.5 components and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them? If so, what would be a good amp top run them on?

I left out that if anyone has any recommendations on components that are in the same price range and perform just as well, if not better, I would love to hear about them.

I would definitely look at the Morel Tempo Ultra 602 two-way component speakers. I have these in my car and feel they are the best upgrade I have ever done to my car audio system. Morel's are known for their ultra smooth tweeters and these do not disappoint. You can blast these things for hours on end and your ears will not get fatigued. In addition, after blasting your stereo for hours on end, your ears will not be ringing when you turn off the system. Try doing that with Focals or Kappas!

The biggest surprise was the midbass response. Huge midbass response with these, even though they are 6.5" drivers. When I had mine installed, I made sure I deadened the doors and I am sure this helped a lot, but WOW these things had a very nice punch! Drums sound absolutely amazing.

There is a build log on diymamobileaudio.com and these Morel Tempo Ultra 602s were used. The guy talked quite a bit about them. If you google search "Morel Tempo Ultra 602 review" you will find this build log. Check it out.

I bought mine for $271 on Ebay. I was concerned about authenticity, so I talked to Morel (in New York, I believe) and they asked me to send pics of the box and of the back of the midbass driver. I did this and they replied that the speakers were, indeed, genuine. I think you can get a set for $265 on Ebay, now.

At least, check them out. If you do purchase them, I am sure you will be very pleased with your purchase.

As for driving them, you have many options. They are rated to 120 watts RMS. If you are needing an amp just to run the front stage, the Alpine PDX F4 or the Arc Audio XDi 450.4 I think would do very nicely. Don't let the 15 watts difference between the two sway you too much. You will probably not hear the difference in volume between the two. If you are needing a 5-channel amp (to also drive a sub), look at the Alpine PDX-V9 or Arc Audio XDi 850.5. The PDX-V9 has greater crossover capabilities, but you probably won't utilize them unless you go active. And, if you go active, you will probably use a DSP which will have even more crossover abilities than the amp. Arc Audio and Alpine both make great amps.

I would definitely look at the Morel Tempo Ultra 602 two-way component speakers. I have these in my car and feel they are the best upgrade I have ever done to my car audio system. Morel's are known for their ultra smooth tweeters and these do not disappoint. You can blast these things for hours on end and your ears will not get fatigued. In addition, after blasting your stereo for hours on end, your ears will not be ringing when you turn off the system. Try doing that with Focals or Kappas!
The biggest surprise was the midbass response. Huge midbass response with these, even though they are 6.5" drivers. When I had mine installed, I made sure I deadened the doors and I am sure this helped a lot, but WOW these things had a very nice punch! Drums sound absolutely amazing.

There is a build log on diymamobileaudio.com and these Morel Tempo Ultra 602s were used. The guy talked quite a bit about them. If you google search "Morel Tempo Ultra 602 review" you will find this build log. Check it out.

I bought mine for $271 on Ebay. I was concerned about authenticity, so I talked to Morel (in New York, I believe) and they asked me to send pics of the box and of the back of the midbass driver. I did this and they replied that the speakers were, indeed, genuine. I think you can get a set for $265 on Ebay, now.

At least, check them out. If you do purchase them, I am sure you will be very pleased with your purchase.

As for driving them, you have many options. They are rated to 120 watts RMS. If you are needing an amp just to run the front stage, the Alpine PDX F4 or the Arc Audio XDi 450.4 I think would do very nicely. Don't let the 15 watts difference between the two sway you too much. You will probably not hear the difference in volume between the two. If you are needing a 5-channel amp (to also drive a sub), look at the Alpine PDX-V9 or Arc Audio XDi 850.5. The PDX-V9 has greater crossover capabilities, but you probably won't utilize them unless you go active. And, if you go active, you will probably use a DSP which will have even more crossover abilities than the amp. Arc Audio and Alpine both make great amps.
Thanks dsw1204! After looking them over and doing some research it looks like Morel might be the way I'm going. I always had vehicles with systems when I was a little younger but they all had entry level equipment. Now that I'm a bit older and have deeper pockets I'm very excited to put some money into my trucks system and really enjoy my music.

Thanks dsw1204! After looking them over and doing some research it looks like Morel might be the way I'm going. I always had vehicles with systems when I was a little younger but they all had entry level equipment. Now that I'm a bit older and have deeper pockets I'm very excited to put some money into my trucks system and really enjoy my music.
Please let us know what you end up getting and how everything sounds when you get them installed. Will you be doing a 4-channel amp or a 5-channel amp?

Please let us know what you end up getting and how everything sounds when you get them installed. Will you be doing a 4-channel amp or a 5-channel amp?
It might be a little while before I get any equipment. I'm looking to do an amp for the components and a separate amp for the subs. I just need to decide what subs to run in my regular cab.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I was originally looking at RE Audio xxx 6.5 components for my 2015 GMC Sierra but have read that they're quality has gone down and that these components aren't very clear. I've since switched to looking at Image Dynamics cxs 6.5 components and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them? If so, what would be a good amp top run them on?
Join for the love of bass on facebook and ask. I'm an Admin there. We have over 20k members all over the world

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.